Author Topic: Help Me...  (Read 2642 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Help Me...
« on: January 13, 2016, 12:07:37 PM »
...in the push for Constitutional Carry in the State of Georgia.

From the GGO (Georgia Gun Owners), please help by signing the petition in the following link:

I would (and will) do the same for any one of you, should a petition for Constitutional Carry appear for your state.  After all, Constitutional Carry is for all of us and is not just confined to the states, or the Federal Government, to infringe upon.

Thanks, in advance!

http://pages.georgiagunowners.org/georgia-state-ccp/
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
Re: Help Me...
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 12:23:11 PM »
Ok Will do.

Let me and grandma get the younguns back home tonight.

I'll do whatever I'm able to do...on the morrow. 

<Sent from phone. Typos possible.>

EDITED :  DONE!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 09:44:11 AM by oldranger53 »
Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 12:30:04 PM »
Ok Will do.

Let me and grandma get the younguns back home tonight.

I'll do whatever I'm able to do...on the morrow. 

<Sent from phone. Typos possible.>

Thanks!
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

LEJoe

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 12:43:56 PM »
Done!

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2016, 12:46:54 PM »
Done!
I, and Georgia firearm owners thank you!

crzyjarmans

• Fewer words carry a great weight than someone who never stops talking
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2016, 04:15:59 PM »
Done
Shawn, Stay armed, Stay safe

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2016, 09:39:13 PM »

pop pop

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2016, 04:40:22 AM »
Done

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2016, 04:43:10 AM »

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2016, 04:55:18 AM »
This is what we (in Georgia) are up against:

Peaceful Georgia Gun Owners Belong in Prison – So Say State Democrats

Read more: http://www.ammoland.com/2016/01/peaceful-georgia-gun-owners-belong-in-prison/#ixzz3xDso92r2

Link to Georgia HB731: http://www.legis.ga.gov/Legislation/en-US/display/20152016/HB/731

For convenience, I have included a .pdf copy of HB731 as an attachment for download.  This contains a serious list of to be banned firearms, magazines, etc - and the list is long.  These folks are going for the full Monty!

LEJoe

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2016, 05:18:54 AM »

Read more: http://www.ammoland.com/2016/01/peaceful-georgia-gun-owners-belong-in-prison/#ixzz3xDso92r2

Link to Georgia HB731: http://www.legis.ga.gov/Legislation/en-US/display/20152016/HB/731

For convenience, I have included a .pdf copy of HB731 as an attachment for download.  This contains a serious list of to be banned firearms, magazines, etc - and the list is long.  These folks are going for the full Monty!

Wow! They aren't fool'en around are they?

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2016, 05:23:46 AM »

Wow! They aren't fool'en around are they?
They certainly are not fooling around, although they are fools.

Also, see my post at http://guntoters.com/index.php?topic=9811.new#new about a gun organization scam in Florida.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2016, 06:52:30 AM »
I just sent a letter to the "authors" of Georgia HB 731, which was the best that I could come up with without beleaguering the issue.  Here is a copy of that letter:

Dear;

Representative Mary Margaret Oliver
Representative Stacey Abrams
Representative Carolyn Hugley
Representative Pat Gardner
Representative Dar’shun Kendrick
Representative Dee Hawkins

I respectfully ask that you take no action to further limit Americans’ right to own firearms. I make this request not so much to protect my right to own guns, but because, like millions of my fellow Americans, I am afraid. I am afraid of the seemingly endless ways the government tells me what I can and can’t do. I am afraid of the increasingly frequent ways that, in the name of "government" and "democracy," it feels like the religious beliefs and moral values I share with millions of Americans are being trampled on. I am afraid of living in a nation, a great nation, that is moving in directions with which I disagree, but over which I have no control.

On top of all these factors, I am afraid for my future and those who will live in insecurity and fear. Not from climate change or terrorism, but because my wife and I are losing the financial ability to provide for the comfort and safety of our family. We work hard, but costs are rising and wages aren’t keeping pace. I am retired and my wife is not yet at retirement age nor could she retire if she wished. We still can’t save much anymore; even for a nice vacation. Like tens of millions of our fellow Americans, it feels like, economically, the bright American Dream future we were raised to look forward to and work toward is getting further and further out of reach, and it feels like we can’t do anything about that either.

I guess what all this boils down to is how scary it feels not to be in control of how our lives are going, or of our future. Not economically. Not in terms of how we’d like to live according to our values and beliefs, but society is telling us we can’t. Not in terms of something as simple as owning a gun to protect ourselves, something that could give us at least a little feeling of control against these scary times.

I understand that this fear is hard to accept for people who are concerned about gun violence, as all responsible gun owners are. I respect that some people might even be somewhat worried that they will be a victim of such violence. But our fears run far deeper. They are a constant corrosive presence in our daily lives. Not being able to live your life the way you want to, or shape your future, is far more threatening than how worried people might be about being shot, which most people know is highly unlikely, despite occasional high profile shootings that get lots of attention in the news.

Our deep fear is why we are fighting so passionately on this issue, to assert control somehow, some way, over our lives. Restrictions on constitutional rights feed our fears, and that will make a fight that is already dividing America even worse, which no person should want.

As a suggestion, may I invite you to read the following summation of the Amendments to the Constitution of the United States?

The Bill of Rights encompasses the first 10 amendments to the U.S. Constitution, explains Billofrights.org. The First Amendment forbids Congress from enacting a law that establishes religion, and also protects the free exercise of religion, freedom of speech, freedom of the press, the right to assemble and the right to petition the government with regard to grievances.

The Second Amendment protects the right to keep and bear arms (and shall not be infringed), and the Third Amendment prohibits the quartering of soldiers. The Fourth Amendment protects against unreasonable searches and seizures, and states that search warrants shall not be issued without probable cause. The right to a grand jury, protection against double jeopardy, protection against self-incrimination, and the right to due process are all protected under the Fifth Amendment, according to Legal Information Institute.

The Sixth Amendment ensures the right to a speedy trial, the right to confront witnesses and the right to an attorney. The right to a jury trial is protected under the Seventh Amendment. The Eighth Amendment protects against excessive bails or fines and prohibits cruel and unusual punishment. The Ninth Amendment states that rights not expressly named in the Constitution are retained by the people, and the 10th Amendment states that powers not expressly given to the federal government are reserved to the states or to the people.

Amendment II, IV and Section 1 Amendment XIV are the exact Amendments to the Constitution of the United States that you seem dedicated to attack. I am sure you can understand as a person, and as a parent, how profoundly threatening it is to feel like you can’t control your own lives because of those who wish to persecute and prosecute the very people they are to represent.  Thankfully, we have Amendment XXVI to counter such attacks.

In closing, I would like to include the following:

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.”

Sincerely,

<Name and e-mail address withheld for privacy reasons>

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2016, 04:00:15 PM »
UPDATE:

House Speaker David Ralston said Friday that legislation to ban assault weapons in Georgia will not become law on his watch.

“As long as I am speaker of this House, I will not use any of our valuable time taking away the constitutional rights of our citizens,” Ralston told reporters at an impromptu news conference, making the end of the first five days of the 40-day legislative session.

Asked about Oliver’s claim that assault weapons are different than most weapons Americans use for personal protection or hunting, Ralston said: “It is taking the right to possess and bear arms.

“It’s not something we’re going to deal with in the House.”

Source: http://www.myajc.com/news/news/ralston-house-wont-consider-assault-weapons-ban/np5tQ/

crzyjarmans

• Fewer words carry a great weight than someone who never stops talking
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2016, 05:46:34 PM »
UPDATE:

House Speaker David Ralston said Friday that legislation to ban assault weapons in Georgia will not become law on his watch.

“As long as I am speaker of this House, I will not use any of our valuable time taking away the constitutional rights of our citizens,” Ralston told reporters at an impromptu news conference, making the end of the first five days of the 40-day legislative session.

Asked about Oliver’s claim that assault weapons are different than most weapons Americans use for personal protection or hunting, Ralston said: “It is taking the right to possess and bear arms.
Sounds like great news, let's hope more feel the same and end Obummers/Clinton gun grab
“It’s not something we’re going to deal with in the House.”

Source: http://www.myajc.com/news/news/ralston-house-wont-consider-assault-weapons-ban/np5tQ/
Shawn, Stay armed, Stay safe

flyover

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2016, 06:48:57 PM »
Done. I don't know how much attention your legislators will give to us out of staters.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2016, 10:39:31 PM »
Done.

Best of luck!
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, præparet bellum."

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2016, 03:34:53 PM »
UPDATE: Petitions delivered!!

GGO Executive Director Patrick Parsons Delivers Petitions OPPOSED to HB 731:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFsveXLljLs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFsveXLljLs</a>

I thank all of you who signed the petition; in state, out of state, no matter.  The loss of freedom is a battle we all have to fight.  Georgia is a reciprocal state and that means that anyone who comes into Georgia falls under the law of Georgia.  I would sure hate for this state to become another New Jersey where honest and abiding gun owners can be jailed for simply having a firearm in the state.

If you have not signed the petition (because the fight is not over), please do so at this site: http://pages.georgiagunowners.org/olivergunbane2/

I know that you can count on me to sign petitions in other states should the opportunity to do so present itself in this forum.  As Patrick Parsons said, it is not the time to be complacent.  As CR Williams stated in his book Gunfighting...and Other Thoughts about Doing Violence; "We cannot defend without attacking."