Author Topic: HD .223 Ammunition  (Read 1111 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

pop pop

Re: HD .223 Ammunition
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 01:39:54 PM »
I don't like exploding(shattering) bullets. In most shootings, about 85% of the time one hits bone, and the bullets tend to shatter on any hard surface. I want something with some heft to penetrate.

he PDX 1 looks promising.

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
Re: HD .223 Ammunition
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 01:51:51 PM »
I don't like exploding(shattering) bullets. In most shootings, about 85% of the time one hits bone, and the bullets tend to shatter on any hard surface. I want something with some heft to penetrate.

he PDX 1 looks promising.

Me too.
I've seen too many bullets hit branches, twigs, equipment, etc...and deflect from the intended path.  They were all "light" bullets.

As far as fragmenting rounds go...I have a few "safety slugs" around here, but have never used em...except for a short while, back in 2012 when I spent the summer dealing with 99% tourists, and inside a building as a type of customer service person.  I loaded the .44 with em just in case of some fool attempting to rob the place.  Didn't want over penetration to hit an "innocent" person.

I use that word, "innocent", with caution because we are ALL guilty of something or other.

Back to our regularly scheduled programming.
Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.