Author Topic: How Often Should You Change Your Concealed Carry Ammo?  (Read 1042 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

CR Williams

• In Shadow In Light
Re: How Often Should You Change Your Concealed Carry Ammo?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 08:49:54 AM »
I make it a practice to leave the round in the chamber when preparing a carry gun for range work. I put in another magazine of practice ammo and fire the first shot with the loaded round. This allows me a slow rotation and avoids risk of setback. Other'n that, not much.
Shikan haramitsu dai ko myo.

In Shadow In Light - Studying and advancing the art and the science of the fight.

www.inshadowinlight.com

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 09:01:52 AM »
I make it a practice to leave the round in the chamber when preparing a carry gun for range work. I put in another magazine of practice ammo and fire the first shot with the loaded round. This allows me a slow rotation and avoids risk of setback. Other'n that, not much.

Same here.

If I plan to dry-fire, I remove the chambered round and it goes into a box with once-chambered rounds. The 'duty' magazine is set aside until it is time to go live.  The next round in the magazine is chambered, the magazine removed, and a fresh 'top' round is inserted to to it off.
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

Beretta Dave

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2015, 04:45:42 AM »
I like to finish my range session with magazine of my carry ammo.  I start off like CR and finish my range session with the last carried magazine.  Then load fresh.
Dave