Author Topic: Islamic "clock"?  (Read 3775 times)

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
Islamic "clock"?
« on: September 17, 2015, 05:54:19 AM »
I see on the news that an Islamic boy constructed a homemade clock that looked and acted much like an IED.

Making national news after being arrested, the boy, the media, and even the Muslim In Chief are using the incident for as much political/religious milage as possible.

First of all, a clock? Really?  What, reinvent the wheel?

Secondly, take it to school...have the alarm go off during "English" class?

This incident is worthy of expelling the kid from school, but NOT an invitation to The White House!

Unbelievable.

<Sent from phone. Typos possible.>

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Re: Islamic "clock"?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 06:43:22 AM »
Ayup!

had this been a real IED, we would be reading a different story - how ill-prepared we are to prevent this sort of thing (random acts of terrorism) from happening.  The student would have received an A+ for his 'project' by his 'Father' (and I am not referring to his male parent).
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 03:33:13 PM »
I strongly disagree with you guys.

When I was a 'teen, I, too, built an electronic clock using off-the-shelf parts and a little guidance from a magazine article. I learned about how to set up and control a timing circuit, and how to feed information to an electronic display. The project was fun, instructive, and useful.

Sure, I could've just bought a clock. It would've cost much less, and it would've involved neither labor nor thought. So, what do you think? Was I wasting my time? (Pun intended.)

The construction that the kid brought to school, proud of his work, was transparently only a clock. Oh, sure, any clock can be modified into the timer of a bomb. But how can you predict that this particular clock is a trial run toward a murder weapon?

The kid is an honors student, not a disaffected dropout. He and his clock became the victims of Political Correctness, hysteria, and bigotry. So, what has our society taught him now?

My reaction: Those stupid people are not worthy of the title "teacher."
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 03:44:58 PM »
I strongly disagree with you guys.

When I was a 'teen, I, too, built an electronic clock using off-the-shelf parts and a little guidance from a magazine article. I learned about how to set up and control a timing circuit, and how to feed information to an electronic display. The project was fun, instructive, and useful.

Sure, I could've just bought a clock. It would've cost much less, and it would've involved neither labor nor thought. So, what do you think? Was I wasting my time? (Pun intended.)

The construction that the kid brought to school, proud of his work, was transparently only a clock. Oh, sure, any clock can be modified into the timer of a bomb. But how can you predict that this particular clock is a trial run toward a murder weapon?

The kid is an honors student, not a disaffected dropout. He and his clock became the victims of Political Correctness, hysteria, and bigotry. So, what has our society taught him now?

My reaction: Those stupid people are not worthy of the title "teacher."

I agree with you, Steve. Unfortunately, we do not live in those times anymore and the 'bogeyman' is everywhere.
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

LEJoe

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2015, 04:00:13 PM »
Yes the bogeyman is everywhere and flying passenger jets into our buildings, blowing up embassy's and cutting the heads off of the American people. The list goes on and on. Excuse us is we are a little overly concerned. The story around this kid looks harmless to me but, better to be safe than sorry. It's the new "US".

oldranger53

Re: Islamic &quot;clock&quot;?
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2015, 05:10:57 PM »
Not playing devil's advocate here, but I'm pretty sure the kid did it purposefully the way he did, so that panic would result and he'd become a non-violent martyr, bringing even more negative attention to non-Muslims.

I'm 90% convinced of my opinion as stated above.

I'm open to counter perspectives.

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

LEJoe

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2015, 05:35:48 PM »
Not playing devil's advocate here, but I'm pretty sure the kid did it purposefully the way he did, so that panic would result and he'd become a non-violent martyr, bringing even more negative attention to non-Musli

That's easy to believe too. Who knows for sure?

CR Williams

• In Shadow In Light
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2015, 05:29:30 AM »
Not playing devil's advocate here, but I'm pretty sure the kid did it purposefully the way he did, so that panic would result and he'd become a non-violent martyr, bringing even more negative attention to non-Muslims.

At this point I'm prepared to think it was normal teenage not-thoughtfulness about what he was doing. I was one of the class geniuses in high school but being in high school even being a genius didn't keep me from not thinking about much more than getting the worse done and the hot chicks that attended the school. Few at that age consider all the facets of their work even if they are builders like this fellow is.
Shikan haramitsu dai ko myo.

In Shadow In Light - Studying and advancing the art and the science of the fight.

www.inshadowinlight.com

oldranger53

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2015, 05:52:15 AM »
Point taken.
I'll give this perspective additional consideration for sure.

LEJoe

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2015, 08:15:59 AM »
Me too.

NorCalChuck

• Redwood Practical Shooters
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2015, 06:01:42 PM »
Sorry folks but think about what you are saying and reading.
See if what happened passes this simple list of questions . . . .

Great Email Sent to Me Today
I said: it's sad they thought that kid had a bomb.
She said: they didn't think he had a bomb.

I said: yes, they thought he made a bomb and even called the police.
She said: They just wanted to humiliate a little Muslim boy.
They didn't think he had a bomb.

I said: Don't be a conspiracy theorist.
They might be a little prejudiced, but I'm sure they thought he had a bomb.

She said: OK. But they didn't evacuate the school, like you do when there's a bomb.
They didn't call a bomb squad - like you do when there's a bomb.
They didn't get as far away from him as possible, like you do when there's a bomb.
Then they put him and the clock in an office: not like you do when there's a bomb.
Then they waited with him for the police to arrive, and then they put the clock in the same car as the police. Then they took pictures of it.
I said: Damn.....They never thought he had a bomb.

EQUAL RIGHTS are HUMAN RIGHTS

The Irving PD, and the School Administration will be rightfully sued.
They can now pay Ahmed's way to MIT.

Thanks."They never thought he had a bomb"

Steve is 100% correct.
"We will have a good government as long as those that govern are effected by those laws that they pass. When those that are passing the laws are no longer effected by those laws then they will no longer pass good laws."

LEJoe

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2015, 06:45:21 PM »
 He could very well be but still, better to be safe than sorry.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2015, 03:23:32 AM »
The latest news about this seems to favor a "false flag" event.  The 'project', in actuality, was the guts of a digital clock that was made in the 70's.  The components were stripped of the case and simply placed inside another container.  In other words, the project was a modification of something that already exists - just re-packaged.

And, then there is this: http://www.dcclothesline.com/2015/09/19/teen-clockmakers-islamophobia-huckster-father-claims-his-son-was-tortured-by-school-authorities/

I'm having a "Sham Wow" moment.

So what is my basis for saying such?  While I do not have an engineering degree in electronics; I do have a BSET; have designed electronic circuits, and have worked in the electronics and telecommunication fields for a long time, I was an instructor in the Advanced Test Measuring and Diagnostic Equipment (TMDE) field while in the U.S. of Army, and I have experience in the design and manufacturing of multi-layer printed circuit boards, and I have had people pee on my leg and tell me that it is raining.

The kid (who does not fall far from the tree of his father) is a liar and a sham - period.

oldranger53

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2015, 12:02:31 PM »
I'm staying with my initial assertion until a convincing (and in context) argument appears to the contrary.

Sorry.

There's just too many things lining up here to believe the kid is "innocent" of wrongdoing.

MASTER BLASTER

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2015, 12:50:27 PM »
I suppose that anyone who saw the tsarnaev brothers with pressure cookers should have assumed that they merely wished to share their mom's chili recipe with the visitors to the Boston marathon, lest they would be considered islamophobes?

LEJoe

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2015, 01:36:10 PM »
I suppose that anyone who saw the tsarnaev brothers with pressure cookers should have assumed that they merely wished to share their mom's chili recipe with the visitors to the Boston marathon, lest they would be considered islamophobes?

Exactly.

Taurian

• Global Moderator

MASTER BLASTER

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2015, 12:08:55 AM »
Although it has been about 40 years since I have been active in this arena, I assure those of you who believe that you could quickly spot a hoax device, that using a common 70's era small household appliance I could have designed and built an improvised explosive device that would be difficult for even an expert to definitively discern whether it was real or a hoax. Long ago; as a military explosive ordnance disposal officer I built (for training purposes) and rendered safe (for real) a number of improvised explosive devices and although I am obviously not a 14 year old, none of us know who actually built the device in question. We only know that the young man took it to school.
Among the devices that we "rendered safe" in that long ago era, some were hoaxes many of which were not obvious. Some of these hoaxes were designed to divert attention from some other malicious object or activity and some were designed to accomplish other purposes. I believe that the incident under discussion here had the latter purpose. It may have been designed to create doubt about whether a like incident should be reported or not. It may have been designed to show that people reporting such incident do so at their own peril. They could be ridiculed as hysterical, bigots, islamophobes etc. If you doubt this please re-read the previous posts in this thread.
Finally, remember that just because you are paranoid, it doesn't mean that there isn't someone out to get you.

oldranger53

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2015, 09:16:27 AM »
I am paranoid.
"They" ARE out to get me!

LEJoe

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2015, 11:18:05 AM »
It's very hard NOT to be paranoid... WHEN EVERYBODY IS WATCHING EVERY MOVE I MAKE!!!   To the cat: WHAT ARE YOU LOOK'EN AT??

CR Williams

• In Shadow In Light
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2015, 05:16:25 AM »
There is now evidence that this was set up by the family to push some public buttons. Given new information I'm pulling in the slack I was giving the kid originally.
Shikan haramitsu dai ko myo.

In Shadow In Light - Studying and advancing the art and the science of the fight.

www.inshadowinlight.com

LEJoe

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2015, 05:41:23 AM »
There is now evidence that this was set up by the family to push some public buttons. Given new information I'm pulling in the slack I was giving the kid originally.

Interesting.

Tadrian

• I've gotten a lotta miles outta stupid!
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2015, 12:59:21 PM »
Though never involved in ordinance disposal like Master Blaster, back in the late 60's as a Combat Instructor I was trained and  assigned to the position of Primary Mines and Booby Trap Instructor.  At that young age I liked to make things go "BOOM" or making them so they didn't go "BOOM".  The first question that hit me when I first read this report was why was there no report on the "explosives" contained and identified in the supposed "bomb" even after the so called "experts" looked at it. Sans explosives of any kind being present the best it was was a clock or timer.  My view of this entire episode was and has been jaundiced from that point on.  I have a strong tendency to agree that this was an intentionally created incident, just still don't know why.
Here's a bit more on the story:

http://www.gopusa.com/theloft/2015/09/24/muslim-parents-of-clock-kid-now-suing-the-school-district/?subscriber=1
Everyday I write the truth to who I am by what I do.
Life achieves its summit, when it does the uttermost what it was equipped to do.
It's always easier to shift the responsibility of one's existence, to lean on others rather than stand alone, but I refuse to place my destiny in another's hands.