Author Topic: If you shoot, you shoot to kill.. you may not get a second chance.  (Read 940 times)

Robert Harvey

• Rharvey
  • Administrator
    • The computer guy
http://www.wgxa.tv/news/local/Macon-Singer-Songwriter-Killed-by-Bounty-Hunter-in-Tennessee-306818631.html

A Macon singer and songwriter is dead after being shot in his Tennessee home by a bounty hunter.

WGXA News has learned 65-year-old Randy Howard was killed in his Lynchburg, TN home Tuesday night. The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation tells WGXA News a bounty hunter shot Howard inside his home while trying to serve a bench warrant for a fourth DUI offence and other charges. Investigators say Howard fired at the bounty hunter first before being shot himself.

The investigation is ongoing.
Time will tell.

LEJoe

Re: If you shoot, you shoot to kill.. you may not get a second chance.
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 07:28:16 AM »
Sad thing to happen that sounds so unnecessary. Anything that I could say right now would be pure speculation. Hope we can read a follow up.

crzyjarmans

• Fewer words carry a great weight than someone who never stops talking
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2015, 07:47:47 AM »
Hard to comment on this not knowing all the facts, Did Randy know he was a bounty hunter looking to bring him in for a warrant? or did he think his house was being invaded by a intruder? If he was just shooting to scare off the who he thought was just a intruder, that was his mistake, never shoot to scare! R.I.P. Randy Macon
Shawn, Stay armed, Stay safe

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2015, 10:15:05 AM »
In Georgia (at least in my area), Bail Bond Recovery Agents (a.k.a. "Bounty Hunters") do not serve 'Bench Warrants'; that is an action reserved for local police and/or Sheriff Departments. With that said, bonding companies have every right to protect their interest - even if they 'feel' that a 'customer' is not going to show up for court.  Bail Bond Recovery Agents are, in affect, mercenaries. I know several who work for different bonding agencies.

Bail Bond Recovery Agents, as are Private Investigators, are commonly looked down upon by law enforcement.  Bail Bond Recovery Agents act more along the lines of possessors, as they must 'deliver the body' to be released from the bond.

Regardless of not knowing the full details, this was an unfortunate incident. 
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

CR Williams

• In Shadow In Light
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2015, 05:37:07 AM »
I worked as a bond agent a few years back for just a couple of months. Never had to go out after anybody, but I can tell you that if I had done that I would have made sure all my co-workers that had were in front of me when we went in. Think I was more worried about them at the time than I would have been about the runner.
Shikan haramitsu dai ko myo.

In Shadow In Light - Studying and advancing the art and the science of the fight.

www.inshadowinlight.com

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2015, 11:16:56 AM »
Interesting. Reminds me of some other stories I've heard from the area of corrections, etc.

I'll try to remember when I get in off the road today.

Sent from phone. Typos possible.

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.