Author Topic: a hoax???  (Read 1767 times)

Robert Harvey

• Rharvey
  • Administrator
    • The computer guy
a hoax???
« on: May 18, 2014, 11:13:11 AM »
http://gunwatch.blogspot.com/2014/05/tx-hoax-employees-take-refuge-in.html
Started by a police officers email.
The email vs the truth.
Time will tell.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Re: a hoax???
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 04:04:49 PM »
As usual - over-blown and misreported. With that said, I do agree that if a group of individuals that decide to make a statement about their 2nd Amendment rights and carry openly, they should contact the police first and give them a head's up.  That's not to say that the police will not be there for monitoring purposes and also to ensure the public's safety. 

On the other hand,  a group of bad guys could say that they were good guys and would call the police department and simply state that they were going to carry openly at the place of business to peacefully exercise their 2nd Amendment rights, not expecting the police to show up because the cops would think that they were good guys and the "good guys" would rob the place.  "Hey! Mr. policeman.  I and a couple of my buds are going to be carrying openly at this here bank, but don' you worry none because it is a peaceful demonstration so there is no need for you to come if the bank simply misunderstands our intention and sound an alarm."

Just because you can does not mean that you should.  I cringe every time I read one of these articles.
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 05:22:42 PM »
People who make open-carry demonstrations are fools.
They do everybody more harm than good.

...Just because you can does not mean that you should...
Exactly!
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

Robert Harvey

• Rharvey
  • Administrator
    • The computer guy
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 04:39:13 AM »
People who make open-carry demonstrations are fools.
They do everybody more harm than good.

...Just because you can does not mean that you should...
Exactly!

I feel that many of these open carry snafus are wolves in sheep clothing.
IE the anti-gunners trying to make people that want to properly carry look bad...
Time will tell.

commonground

• Two Beautiful Girls
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 06:19:19 AM »
If you want to "Open Carry" and it is legal in your area, fine, do so.  Don't make a big production of it.  Do it as if it as naturally and as you would wear a cell phone holder. 

If you're carrying an assault rifle, you're just begging for attention. Demonstrations of this sort are stupid. It just causes a feeding frenzy by the press and other stupid people.   :(
“do not go to stupid places with stupid people to do stupid things at stupid times.” - Gabe Suarez

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2014, 01:44:30 PM »
Were it my business, I would post the following sign: Concealed-Carry Only.

If one of those long-gun-toting imbeciles came into my store, I would tell him:
"Exposed firearms tend to disturb my customers and thereby cause me to lose business and income. Please conceal your firearm, and, if you can't conceal it, please leave. Now."
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2014, 01:49:36 PM »

<snip>

Just because you can does not mean that you should.  I cringe every time I read one of these articles.

Absolutely !

Hey, that reminds me of something the Apostle Paul said once.  I think it goes something like: "...all things are legal for me, but all things are not expedient..." or something very close to that anyway.

I tried Open Carry once.
Didn't like all the attention I got.
Haven't done it since.

Sent from phone.

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

jtg452

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2014, 04:10:46 PM »
I still ain't sold on the idea that they really are demonstrating.

Personally, I think most of them are just doing it as a way to get attention.

They claim that they are doing it to 'raise awareness' and other such crap, right?  But they insist on walking around with an AR or an AK slung over their shoulder.  Like they don't know that the non shooting masses haven't been brainwashed into thinking that those 2 rifles are the 'most dangerous assault rifles' in the world. 

My question is why not use a bolt action or a lever action?  They are carrying long guns to 'make a statement', right?  Well, if that's true, ANY long gun would suffice.  Instead they are carrying AR's and AK's because they are looking for the press to sensationalize their little 'event'.  Come on, any halfwit worthy to be called by that name knows that the first thing the press is going to do when seeing an AR or AK is start panicking and blathering about it.

These 'demonstrations' don't appear to me to be about demonstrating anything.  They look to me like they more are attempts to grab 15 minutes in the spotlight by a bunch of wannabes and their naive hangers on.