Author Topic: LOUISIANA: Proposed Legislation Would Make it Illegal to Have Firearms in the Pr  (Read 855 times)

Robert Harvey

• Rharvey
  • Administrator
    • The computer guy
:o :o LOUISIANA: Proposed Legislation Would Make it Illegal to Have Firearms in the Presence of Children.
House Bill 1189, sponsored by state Representative Barbara Norton (D-Shreveport), would make it a crime to intentionally, or with criminal negligence, expose children, age ten and under, to firearms that are not locked in a container or equipped with a locking device.  If passed and enacted into law, HB 1189 would require all Louisianans with children in this age group to render firearms inoperable, thereby hindering their immediate use for protection and failing to take into account each family’s own self-defense needs.
...parents would not be able to show their kids how to safely handle a firearm at home or to shoot recreationaly on their own property without possibly violating this act.  In fact, the term “exposure” is so broad in HB 1189, it could prohibit taking your child to a firearms museum, a parade that involves participants marching with firearms, or a military funeral with a gun salute!
Time will tell.

SARGeek

I don't think Bobby Jindal would sign that, if it gets that far.
SARGeek

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
I suggest that the bill's title and purpose are misdirected.
Instead of "making it illegal to have firearms in the presence of children," I believe that it should instead "make it illegal to have children in the presence of firearms."

When my wife was in the very painful throes of serious childbirth, she expressed herself ready to kill me, for "putting me through all this."
Had there been a firearm nearby, I might now be dead.

Thus, I believe that it's important to make a law that will prevent women from having children in the presence of firearms.

It will be better for all of us, believe me.
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, præparet bellum."

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
I suggest that the bill's title and purpose are misdirected.
Instead of "making it illegal to have firearms in the presence of children," I believe that it should instead "make it illegal to have children in the presence of firearms."

When my wife was in the very painful throes of serious childbirth, she expressed herself ready to kill me, for "putting me through all this."
Had there been a firearm nearby, I might now be dead.

Thus, I believe that it's important to make a law that will prevent women from having children in the presence of firearms.

It will be better for all of us, believe me.

Now THAT'S funny ! ! !

ROFL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

Poncho

This bill didn't clear committee and has been put aside for now. Bills like this have little chance of making it to the governors desk around here.
We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
Ronald Reagan