Author Topic: Why Switzerland Has The Lowest Crime Rate  (Read 1915 times)

commonground

• Two Beautiful Girls
Why Switzerland Has The Lowest Crime Rate
« on: March 23, 2014, 03:09:41 PM »
Why Switzerland Has The Lowest Crime Rate In The World Video

http://www.youtube.com/embed/6nf1OgV449g

Everyone should view this and understand the purpose and importance of the 2nd amendment. Then forward it on to the White House and your local Senate and Congressional representatives.

do not go to stupid places with stupid people to do stupid things at stupid times. - Gabe Suarez

pop pop

Re: Why Switzerland Has The Lowest Crime Rate
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 03:50:35 AM »
Guns are important, but the will to use them in a crisis is a must. I am afraid that many Americans have no resolve nor can stand the thought of having to utalize any tools. They seem to want to shift that burden to others.

Good video.

commonground

• Two Beautiful Girls
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 04:09:01 AM »
Today's attitude:  If it doesn't have buttons or a screen to swipe with your finger, I don't, can't, or won't, touch it.  >:(
do not go to stupid places with stupid people to do stupid things at stupid times. - Gabe Suarez

LEJoe

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 04:19:52 AM »
Today's attitude:  If it doesn't have buttons or a screen to swipe with your finger, I don't, can't, or won't, touch it.  >:(

Sad and I agree.

SARGeek

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, 08:50:42 AM »
I agree that the poor attitude is prevalent in the American culture today but I will also say that the three things I can reliably get the teen boys off the couch with are:
1. A trip to the range.
2. A hike.
3. A trip to the airsoft field.

On the other hand, society, civics, and history are common dinner table topics in our house too. With full participation by everyone from 11 years old to "we won't talk about how old I am". My 90 year old grandmother was with us yesterday afternoon & evening and it was great to get her perspective into the conversation.
SARGeek

Robert Harvey

• Rharvey
  • Administrator
    • The computer guy
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2014, 11:26:47 AM »
I agree that the poor attitude is prevalent in the American culture today but I will also say that the three things I can reliably get the teen boys off the couch with are:
1. A trip to the range.
2. A hike.
3. A trip to the airsoft field.

On the other hand, society, civics, and history are common dinner table topics in our house too. With full participation by everyone from 11 years old to "we won't talk about how old I am". My 90 year old grandmother was with us yesterday afternoon & evening and it was great to get her perspective into the conversation.
Excellent!
Time will tell.

flyover

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2014, 04:47:22 PM »
I guess I'm going to be the nit-picker here and state that I don't know that the Swiss being armed like that has anything to do with a low crime rate. I don't know and didn't Google anything but I think that their culture and life style has more to do with a low crime rate. It is not like they have a large gang banger drug problem or an open border with drug runners coming across.
I will say that the video is the one reason Switzerland hasn't been invaded in several hundred years, well, that and those mountains. Even Hitler wasn't crazy enough to attempt it.

commonground

• Two Beautiful Girls
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2014, 06:22:23 PM »
"An armed society is a polite society." unknown

Robert Harvey

• Rharvey
  • Administrator
    • The computer guy
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2014, 07:22:19 PM »
Good morals will go a long way to make a polite society.
Time will tell.

pop pop

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2014, 05:01:02 AM »
Our church teachers had a meeting last week. The director stated that if we are going to communicate with the next generation, we are going to need to adapt to electronic help in the class room. Also stated short attention spans are a problem so going to need several short ways to explain and make points during any one class session.

My first born has found this out previously. She teaches 8-9 year olds and when she drags out the I Pad, in her class, she said you can hear a pen drop. Said kids now have short attention spans. Comes from too much electronics usage. Think about it. Everything is communicated with few words and sound bites. Even if a message is too long on this forum, many will not read the whole thing. So all of us are falling into this trap of 250 words or less. Go Figure!

Whatever Switzerland is doing, it's working. + 1 on the morals Robert. Many kids are not being taught good morals, politeness, or thankfulness. Something my swettie was adament about. Wish she could help my spellin.

Robert Harvey

• Rharvey
  • Administrator
    • The computer guy
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2014, 10:08:13 AM »
It comes from TV
how long is the show on before you jump to a commercial?
how many hrs a day are they watching programming like this?

Time will tell.

SARGeek

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2014, 07:23:01 AM »
The pragmatic Swiss approach to things like drug addiction probably has something to do with it too. Look at how they addressed their heroin issue from the 80's & 90's for example. They are treating addicts as such and getting them off the streets to rebuild lives that are useful and productive instead of using drugs as an excuse to militarize their police forces.

But having armed citizens doesn't hurt and all those guns are very well-behaved, they haven't jumped up of their own accord and slaughtered a bus full of nuns or a school full of kids. What an amazing thing!  ::)
SARGeek