Author Topic: Venison Sausage Recipe discussed in "Eruptions" Thread posted there and here)  (Read 1136 times)

Tadrian

• I've gotten a lotta miles outta stupid!
I found this this morning and am posting it on request.  It's an easy recipe but when I was making it everyone seemed to enjoy it.  I'd suggest making a small batch first, let it set for 24 hours, fry some up to taste it and adjust it to your liking.

Venison Sausage Recipe (Hot or Not)

When it's hot, it's hot, and this one is as hot as you want it to be. The amount of crushed red pepper can be adjusted to suit your taste to a "T" or left out entirely.

2 pounds ground venison
   1 pound ground pork (fatty)
       1/2 c. water
       4 teaspoons crushed red pepper
       1 tablespoon salt
1     tablespoon black pepper
1     tablespoon fennel seeds
2     teaspoons oregano
1     teaspoon sweet basil
Steep the spices in the water and let them set for an hour or so. Grind both meats and mix well.

Combine all of the ingredients and mix well so all spices are evenly spread through the meat. This recipe is best if it is kept refrigerated for 24 hours for the flavors to blend and the spices to soften and mellow before cooking or freezing.

Form the meat into patties and pan fry over medium heat until lightly browned. It can also be fried to use as a pizza topping or in sauces.

(Note:  I at times added 1teaspoon each of thyme, and or marjoram for a bit different flavor since they work well with the basil and oregano.)

It freezes well in bulk or patty form.  Have questions, just ask.

Hope you enjoy it!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 09:42:10 AM by Tadrian »
Everyday I write the truth to who I am by what I do.
Life achieves its summit, when it does the uttermost what it was equipped to do.
It's always easier to shift the responsibility of one's existence, to lean on others rather than stand alone, but I refuse to place my destiny in another's hands.

Charles1951

Thanks for the recipe. I'm hoping to get a deer this year and the family loves venison sausage.
Charles

-Texas CHL-*-USAF retired-*-Oath Keeper-*-American Legion-*-NRA-*-IDPA-

============================================
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Tadrian

• I've gotten a lotta miles outta stupid!
Good Luck, hope you get your deer!
Everyday I write the truth to who I am by what I do.
Life achieves its summit, when it does the uttermost what it was equipped to do.
It's always easier to shift the responsibility of one's existence, to lean on others rather than stand alone, but I refuse to place my destiny in another's hands.

Robert Harvey

• Rharvey
  • Administrator
    • The computer guy
we will give this a try!
thanks

Time will tell.