Author Topic: does not want to talk, instead of closing door, she sicks her pits on the news..  (Read 754 times)

Robert Harvey

• Rharvey
  • Administrator
    • The computer guy
http://video.foxnews.com/v/2439237263001/pit-bulls-attack-news-reporter/?intcmp=obnetwork

Looks like the news people would carry something to discourage attackers in there job.
at very least a squirt bottle with ammonia in it.
mace, pepper spray, etc...

Time will tell.

pstan13

Don't know many details, but news media can be pretty insensitive and demanding at times. Still, pit bulls could be considered lethal force.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes."
-- Thomas Jefferson

SARGeek

Send them away. Order them off your property, call the cops for harassment, all valid responses. Setting the dogs on someone is pretty much the same as aggravated assault I would think.

So let's look at the other side, wouldn't the reporter, her camera operator, or her producer have been justified in shooting the dogs? I'm pretty sure that here in CO they wouldn't even have to wait until they'd left the property since the dogs presented an immediate threat of death or grievous bodily injury. If the whole thing, including audio, was on tape then they would have pretty solid evidence of self-defense, especially if the lady ordering the dogs to attack is on the audio track. Such evidence might not be permissible in charging the lady but it would almost certainly be permissible in a self-defense case.

If I were a journalist I would carry both lethal & less-lethal force tools all the time. That's a job that can get very dangerous if done properly in this day & age.
SARGeek