Author Topic: suspeneded with pay!!! the video show him doing the crime!!!!  (Read 2373 times)

Tadrian

• I've gotten a lotta miles outta stupid!
Re: suspeneded with pay!!! the video show him doing the crime!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 03:49:10 AM »
Glad the young man got through it okay.  Glad the Sheriff's taking the officer out of service and prosecuting.  It'd be interesting to see if anything else comes to light about other incidents during his 20 years of service.  Giving in to a pique of anger sure screwed up his career and life. Not sure why he got "suspended with pay".  Can't say I understand it.  I'd say his legal gun carrying days are over.
Everyday I write the truth to who I am by what I do.
Life achieves its summit, when it does the uttermost what it was equipped to do.
It's always easier to shift the responsibility of one's existence, to lean on others rather than stand alone, but I refuse to place my destiny in another's hands.

Bill MO

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 04:43:25 AM »
Is there any difference in this and being jacked by a everyday thug? I say NO. He was not there as a cop but a thug and should be dealt with the same.

Driver should have drove away, ran over him or shot him to the ground. My guess alcohol was involved.
"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

"If you are not training in “the reality of the fight” you are training to a lower standard." Roger Phillips

"It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby." reinman45

Tadrian

• I've gotten a lotta miles outta stupid!
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 06:39:16 AM »
Is there any difference in this and being jacked by a everyday thug? I say NO. He was not there as a cop but a thug and should be dealt with the same.

Driver should have drove away, ran over him or shot him to the ground. My guess alcohol was involved.

You're right. 
Everyday I write the truth to who I am by what I do.
Life achieves its summit, when it does the uttermost what it was equipped to do.
It's always easier to shift the responsibility of one's existence, to lean on others rather than stand alone, but I refuse to place my destiny in another's hands.

flyover

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 07:56:47 AM »
Not sure why he got "suspended with pay". 

My guess that he is "suspended with pay" would be something in the union rules . It seems that when a union member is suspended it is with pay.

GTG

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 11:15:13 AM »
He is not going to appreciate what he had till he has thrown it away!

Nominated 'For Jackass Of The Day Award'.
'The illegal we do immediately; the unconstitutional takes a little longer.' Henry Kissinger

"A Nation Of Sheep Will Beget A Government Of Wolves" Edward D Murrow

"Either We Are A Country Of Laws With A Constitution, Or We Are A Banana Republic"

Robert Harvey

• Rharvey
  • Administrator
    • The computer guy
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2013, 10:48:04 AM »
I have a new question for you.
We were talking about this.
If you defended your self you could be charged for attacking a police officer.
If you slammed his head to the door jam and took his gun, he would continue the attack, which would force you to shoot a police officer.
What would you do in this situation.
You do not know he is a police officer....
Time will tell.

commonground

• Two Beautiful Girls
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2013, 12:42:04 PM »
If he flashed a gun on someone without identifying himself as a LEO and the other person shot him it would be justified as self protection.  What a dumbbell.
“do not go to stupid places with stupid people to do stupid things at stupid times.” - Gabe Suarez

Bill MO

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2013, 02:06:56 PM »
Robert, he did not identify his being LEO so you know only he is attacking you. You'll have to be alive for his being law to matter. Then it may be your word against his. In this case you had friends in the car with you and it was caught on video.

"If you are not training in “the reality of the fight” you are training to a lower standard." Roger Phillips

Robert Harvey

• Rharvey
  • Administrator
    • The computer guy
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2013, 03:58:01 PM »
ok,
lets say it was you in the drivers seat.
How would you have reacted?
"arm chair quarterbacking it"

thanks
Robert
Time will tell.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2013, 08:23:52 PM »
If he identified himself as a LEO, I'd report him to his superiors, and then follow-up on it.
If he did not identify himself as a LEO, and he threatened me with a gun, I would call 9-1-1 first (or have Jean do it), and then I'd kill him in self-defense if the threat continued.

At any case, 9-1-1 would now have his description, and a description of his vehicle, and maybe of his gun, too.
So if the situation de-escalated, I'd let him get away with it, and let the cops handle it.
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, præparet bellum."

Bill MO

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2013, 06:30:26 AM »
ok,

thanks
Robert

As I said in my first post here "Driver should have drove away, ran over him or shot him to the ground." As with any situation you have to be there to know exactly what you would do. Or I do anyway, with what I've done in FOF. My only experiences of gunfights.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2013, 12:26:16 PM »
When I saw that this had taken place in Forsyth County, Georgia, it peaked my interest.

Regardless of where it took place, the officer was clearly out of bounds, not only as a LEO but also as a civilian. He needs to go.

He was right; however, there are some crazy people out there. It's not hard to realize that when you are being talked to by one of them, but it's also not hard to say that when you are one of them. "Who are you talkin' to? Are you talkin' to me?

What is it about McDonalds that incites violence? The food is not all that good. The Defective would have been better off without it. After all, this is no "Cheeseburger in Paradise" joint.

If this had taken place at Dunkin' Donuts, the kid would have been shot.

The Detective was too lazy to walk inside and order his food? I preferred that to the window - still do.
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

crzyjarmans

• Fewer words carry a great weight than someone who never stops talking
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2013, 06:38:36 AM »
ok,

thanks
Robert

As I said in my first post here "Driver should have drove away, ran over him or shot him to the ground." As with any situation you have to be there to know exactly what you would do. Or I do anyway, with what I've done in FOF. My only experiences of gunfights.
Only problem with "driving over him", Is he already has the gun to the young mans throat, attempting to drive forward could have provoked the "officer" to pull the trigger
Shawn, Stay armed, Stay safe

Spenson1981

• USAF Missile Maint.
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2013, 06:54:09 AM »
I mean really, how many of us, after having a long hard day, are hungry, and in an obvious bad mood, haven't felt the need to pull our gun on someone just and harass them about talking to long in the drive thru.  Come on folks, be reasonable.  It was obviously the Guns fault! :o :o :o

Robert Harvey

• Rharvey
  • Administrator
    • The computer guy
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2013, 09:17:09 AM »
I bet, if we could know for sure.... that he is taking a drug with mental side effects.
A friend took some stuff to help her stop smoking.... She said, she was never doing that again.
not only did it cause her to loose work time, it scared her to death, and she said your just along for the ride. She could feel and tell when the drug left her system and she was normal again.

Want to fix something pop a pill..... that is the new USA fix for every thing...

Time will tell.

g45

• New User
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2013, 11:09:44 AM »
I understand this is a union thing.
The video clearly shows what is going down.
There should not be an investigation long enough for him to draw pay.