Author Topic: Confessions of a south paw.  (Read 1567 times)

DroidGeorge

• George
Confessions of a south paw.
« on: April 13, 2013, 09:49:46 AM »
As much as I wanted a big dollar gun,  the just don't make one for a lefty.  And to add to the injury most have large grips.

So I completed a 3 some and just got a Sig P250 compact to go with my fullsize and subcompact.  The fullsize is 45 and is nice to carry (and I put a small grip on that as well) but the longer slide takes just a tad longer to get out of the holster.  The sub I have in 40 and is basically a backup (a big backup).  But the compact comes out of the CBST like butter (same holster for F and C,  so money saved there). 

The reversible mag release an ambidextrous slide release and the variable grip sizes made it my next purchase.  So now I have all three.
Smile. It makes people wonder what you are up to.

Tadrian

• I've gotten a lotta miles outta stupid!
Re: Confessions of a south paw.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 10:35:02 AM »
Congratulations!  That's cool! ;D
Everyday I write the truth to who I am by what I do.
Life achieves its summit, when it does the uttermost what it was equipped to do.
It's always easier to shift the responsibility of one's existence, to lean on others rather than stand alone, but I refuse to place my destiny in another's hands.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Re: Confessions of a south paw.
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 11:24:14 AM »
When I first started shooting firearms left handed, it was a learning experience to say the least. I am left-eye dominant but shoot handguns right handed. Large caliber long guns I shoot left-handed while low-caliber long guns I can shoot on either side (a severely broken right clavicle limits me).

I practice with my Bersa 45UC left-handed on occasion. All controls, with the exception of the slide release lever and magazine release, are ambidextrous - a favorable trait in a handgun (to me). When shooting left-handed, I use the forefinger to release the slide lock lever, the magazine release and also the decocking lever. I use the left thumb to move the decocking lever into the safe position. While shooting right-handed, the right thumb takes over those chores just from past habit.

Although they make long guns for left-handed shooters they are, for the most part, hard to find. I found that I have no problem shooting a bolt-action rifle intended for a right-handed shooter left handed. In fact, I prefer it.

The SIG P250 seems to be a good platform and I have heard good things about it. In fact, I heard that SIG SAUER, Inc. announced the P250 pistol as the recipient of the National Rifle Associationís coveted Golden Bullseye Award for Shooting Illustrated Handgun of the Year and American Rifleman Tactical Handgun of the Year. Out of all of the guns that I have owned, I treasured the P220, P226, and P239 the most. I still have the P239 and, last year, acquired a Mosquito; it is the most accurate of the .22 pistols that I have.

Congratulations on your purchase!
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.