Author Topic: Favorite TV Shows  (Read 13304 times)

Coastie

Favorite TV Shows
« on: November 21, 2011, 10:27:42 AM »
Some of my favorite shows are:  The Walking Dead; Person of Interest and NCIS

How many saw The Walking Dead last (it airs on Sunday night here)?

What did you think about this episode?  Likes, dislikes? 

I thought it was pretty good and different from past episodes as it combined quite a bit.  Lori's being pregnant, Ricks easy and un-accusing acceptance of her being with Shane during Ricks absence.  The budding romance between Andrea and Shane, and Carl's desire to learn to shoot and handle a pistol.  There's plenty to look forward to the next episode.

As far as Person of Interest goes I watch the episodes and like the action.  I always look forward to the show.

NCIS:  I've been watching this since it started and it's my favorite Tuesday night show.  I've seen every episode, follow the cast (the changes in cast) and what can I say, I love it! 

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Re: Favorite TV Shows
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 12:22:53 PM »
Good episode of "The Walking Dead" last night. There has to be a blow-up between Rick and the home-owner (Hershel) who wants them all gone. And, then there is the barn...

Andrea is coming around just fine, thank you.

N.C.I.S. is always a favorite.

I haven't been able to get into 'Hell on Wheels' for some reason.
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

Jack

• Don't look outside for enemies, look within.
  • Goonie goo goo!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 02:05:42 PM »
SOA
NCIS
Walking Dead

and whatever dramaqueen gun competition program is available.

Granny D

• My armed attack dog
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 02:51:14 PM »
NCIS, CSI, CSI NY, Modern Family, DWTS
USAF Vet

Coastie

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 04:03:36 PM »
Good episode of "The Walking Dead" last night. There has to be a blow-up between Rick and the home-owner (Hershel) who wants them all gone. And, then there is the barn...

Andrea is coming around just fine, thank you.

N.C.I.S. is always a favorite.

I haven't been able to get into 'Hell on Wheels' for some reason.

I watch Hell on Wheels...it's slow and it's progressing...but...

pafindr

• Christus nos liberavit
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 01:54:55 AM »
I'm really enjoying The walking dead so far.
Also like NCIS, Fringe, Castle, any of the Stargate shows, Star Trek TNG, Voyager, and Gorden Ramsey shows.
Do what you've always done, get what you've always gotten.

phil-billy

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 02:56:48 AM »
What time and channel is "Hell on Wheels"??
guns, church, the Harley and my O.L.

dam630

• Defying Gravity
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2011, 09:09:26 AM »
The History Channel... period.
Dale Medin
Valrico, FL

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

Walkafire

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2011, 10:38:36 AM »

Gun Stories on the Outdoor Channel.

http://www.outdoorchannel.com/Shows/GunStories.aspx

Love the history of firearms!

WALK
NRA Certified Instructor

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
Wyatt Earp

Coastie

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2011, 10:41:08 AM »
What time and channel is "Hell on Wheels"??

On the West Coast it's at 7-8 PM on Sunday.

I also like Terra Nova (Mondaze at 8 channel 28 here)

Brademan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2011, 12:04:42 PM »
Oh boy...here goes: 
In no particular order - NCIS, Covert Affairs, Criminal Minds, Cake Boss, Diners Drive-ins and Dives, Blue Bloods, Spartacus, Hawaii 5-Oh, V, Burn Notice, Sanctuary, Justified, Sons of Anarchy, V, Top Shot, Wipeout, Royal Pains, White Collar, SYTYKD.

Clearly, I spend way too much time in front of the tube!
Brademan
Special Projects Manager - Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network
www.armedcitizensnetwork.org
Admin - ACLDN Forum
Patron Member - NRA
Aikidoka, Harley owner, steel crafter, shooter, Plain speaker

Walkafire

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2011, 03:09:58 PM »

I have 2 teenagers at home...   clearly I have NO time in front of the TV

Thank God for DVR!   ;D
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 03:18:19 PM by Coastie »
NRA Certified Instructor

Wyatt Earp

Silveressa

• Mourning Wolf
  • New User
    • Co-admin of rolepayingtips.com
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2011, 05:09:58 PM »
Walking dead is one of my all time favorites, next to Supernatural. (Since Rosie and me don;t have cable, or even a tv, we make sure to download them both off the net a few hours after they air on cable)

Thanks to Netflix we've been making our way through Star Gate SG1 (all 10 seasons) Lost, Burn Notice, Dark Angel, and Alias.

Over all my favorite series ever was Firefly, but sadly it never made it past the first season...  :'(
"Lead by example or get out of the way."

25 years of firearms experience, 2 years Army National Guard service, CCing for 1 & 1/2 years and counting.

Member of :
Pink Pistols ( http://pinkpistols.org/ )
Second Amendment Sisters ( http://www.2asisters.org/ )

pafindr

• Christus nos liberavit
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2011, 05:39:25 PM »
Oh yeah I like Burn Notice, Sanctuary, and I wish Firefly had more than one season. It was put together pretty well, I wonder why it didn't last. At least they made a movie to tie up all the loose ends.
Nathan Fillion from Firefly is the lead actor in Castle and every once in a while will throw in a little tribute to Firefly. In one Halloween episode of Castle he was dress up as a space cowboy with his outfit from Firefly
Do what you've always done, get what you've always gotten.

Silveressa

• Mourning Wolf
  • New User
    • Co-admin of rolepayingtips.com
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2011, 05:52:26 PM »
I wish Firefly had more than one season. It was put together pretty well, I wonder why it didn't last.

From what I've heard and read it got the ax because of too much controversial content, mainly because it glamorized Inara's "Companion" (I.E prostitution) career as respectable and acceptable, which offended lots of up tight viewers.

As it was they planned to write her out of season 2 (which is why she talked about leaving at the end of season 1 and was  at the companion training academy in the movie) but the bad press killed any chance of a season renewal regardless.

"Lead by example or get out of the way."

25 years of firearms experience, 2 years Army National Guard service, CCing for 1 & 1/2 years and counting.

Member of :
Pink Pistols ( http://pinkpistols.org/ )
Second Amendment Sisters ( http://www.2asisters.org/ )

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2011, 06:07:58 AM »
I wish Firefly had more than one season. It was put together pretty well, I wonder why it didn't last.

From what I've heard and read it got the ax because of too much controversial content, mainly because it glamorized Inara's "Companion" (I.E prostitution) career as respectable and acceptable, which offended lots of up tight viewers.

As it was they planned to write her out of season 2 (which is why she talked about leaving at the end of season 1 and was  at the companion training academy in the movie) but the bad press killed any chance of a season renewal regardless.

Quite right! I thought that it was a great series and was entertaining. I have the entire collection and the movie on DVD. Gina Torres as Zoe Alleyne Washburne was my favorite character with Adam Baldwin as Jayne Cobb a close second. I thought that Nathan Fillion as Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds was an excellent choice.
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

Merlin40

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2011, 06:00:13 AM »
Walking Dead is my fav. Hell on Wheels is a little slow, but it's gettin' there. Hawaii Five-0, SOA(Sam Crow gotta go!) I watch Haven, and The Glades.
Former Member of USCCA
USN (RET)
NRA Life Member
Weapons of choice= CZ 75 P07, P09, Mossberg 590
Bushmaster Carbon-15 in 5.56
Mossberg Maverick 88 12 gauge
Professional Zombie Hunter
"I carry a gun, because a cop is too heavy"

Coastie

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2011, 10:09:37 PM »
Well, The Walking Dead sure had a revelation last night!  Guess we don't have to wonder where Sofia is any longer.  All I can say is WOW! 

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2011, 05:07:40 AM »
Well, The Walking Dead sure had a revelation last night!  Guess we don't have to wonder where Sofia is any longer.  All I can say is WOW! 

Ayup! Great episode. Once the barn was discovered, everybody's world was about to be rocked. It will be interesting to see what direction the show goes from here, now that the central purpose if gone. Time to shift purposes, I guess.

I hope Hershel has a good backhoe.

I wish 'Hell on Wheels' would get a purpose. As it is, I see no purpose in watching it.

Coastie

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2011, 09:33:53 AM »
The town's name is Hell on Wheels, so I expect the show is about the town and its occupants....everything else, the gunfighter's quest is a side show...

Comm

• New Guy
  • New User
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2011, 11:46:40 AM »
Anything Star Trek, Stargate, anything old TV.. UFO, Space 1999, Buck Rodgers, Yeah, I'm a space nut... might explain the space between my head!
God First, Family Second, Me Third.
When Guns are Outlawed, I'll be an Outlaw
KY CCW
Ruger LCP
S&W M&P 9MM
Ruger SR40C
S&W 357 Highway Patrolman

Coastie

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2011, 12:49:45 PM »
Anything Star Trek, Stargate, anything old TV.. UFO, Space 1999, Buck Rodgers, Yeah, I'm a space nut... might explain the space between my head!

You said it!  Might eggsplain the cool avatar as well eh?

MRBARRY

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2011, 09:12:21 AM »
Guess we don't have to wonder where Sofia is any longer.  All I can say is WOW!

WOW indeed. Now the wait till February to see their next move. :(

Coastie

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2011, 09:24:03 AM »
It will be interesting for sure considering that Emily told her dad the Asian boy's name...how that relationship goes, as well as her relationship with Herschel.  I actually thought Shane would shoot Dale at one part of the last episode.  So maybe Dale's time is limited.  Then, of course a couple of the zombies they killed coming out of the barn were Herschel's wife and son, and others (according to Emily had names at one time)...so it will be interesting and a waited event to see what happens next!

GTG

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2011, 07:44:32 AM »
Michael Bane's Best Defense Outdoor Channel Weds.
Special Tonight Science Channel On Roddenberry Star Trek & a second Program on Trekies

I really like the Prophets Of Science Fiction on the Science Channel Wed Night. Interesting about their lives. Where their stories came from. How they saw the future. G2G

So far Authors (Some Replayed tonight)
Mary Shelley ( OK Wasn't as impressed))
Philip K Dick (Fascinating Insights)
H G Wells (Extremely Interesting)
A C Clark (Premier Tonight 11/30)
'The illegal we do immediately; the unconstitutional takes a little longer.' Henry Kissinger

"A Nation Of Sheep Will Beget A Government Of Wolves" Edward D Murrow

"Either We Are A Country Of Laws With A Constitution, Or We Are A Banana Republic"

Walkafire

« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2011, 02:39:29 PM »

Wednesday Night at the Range on the Outdoor Network has some good shows.
Have to weed thru them though.  Tis why I record them... easier!

WALK
NRA Certified Instructor

Wyatt Earp

crzyjarmans

• Fewer words carry a great weight than someone who never stops talking
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2011, 02:10:12 PM »
First 48
cops
worlds dumbest
dexter
house
lizard lick towing
storage wars
pawn stars
american pawn
lots of things on the history channel
Shawn, Stay armed, Stay safe

Coastie

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2011, 03:06:40 PM »
I watched the Lady Hoggers the other night and thought it was a fairly good show when you put aside the guy-bashing they do.  With all the hogs they have in the SE area of the US what are you guys doing on the forum that live down there?  You should be out hunting them!  (The hogs dudes...the hogs  ;)    )

Shawn Hoyle

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2011, 10:49:24 PM »
Anyone mention Sons of Guns or American Guns? And a lot of FOX News....does that count?
USAF
NRA
ACLDN
NAGR
CST

“Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

-Ronald Reagan

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Coastie

« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2011, 06:50:17 AM »
Anyone mention Sons of Guns or American Guns? And a lot of FOX News....does that count?

No news doesn't count.  I watch Son of Guns and American Guns (although I think both those dealers are overpriced!)  But its in America land of the $$$?

Walkafire

« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2011, 08:50:10 AM »

No news doesn't count.  I watch Son of Guns and American Guns (although I think both those dealers are overpriced!)  But its in America land of the $$$?

Yeah I watch American Guns also...  I am SURE the Discovery Channel is pumping some cash into this series.  I live north of the Gunsmoke Gun shop..  Everyone I have talked to say the guy is a real... (CENSORED)  ha ha ha

BUt hey, its tv and fun to watch.

WALK
NRA Certified Instructor

Wyatt Earp

Coastie

« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2011, 10:31:47 AM »
Well the Gunsmoke guy was a LEO somewhere.  From his experience/knowledge
in gunsmithing I'd say he was that dept's armorer.  So here he's approached by the
Discovery Channel into doing a TV series, and yes they're pumping a lot of cash into
his new business now. 

So he ups the prices on all his weaponry to the MSRP +25% (at the minimum) for
old weaponry.  But note, he only pays (like many collectors, dealers and some FFL
holders wholesale prices for any collections he wants to buy). 

Like Pawn Stars, those salesmen are always complaining that they 'have to do this,
that and the other to anything they want to buy from anyone' who paid hard earned
money (note they always ask what did you pay for item?)  The secret in any
business is to buy low and sell high.  And, the Gunsmoke guy tries to do exactly that, 
Tell someone who has an antique 1894 Winchester, or like that black guy who had
all his dad's/grandfather's WWII weaponry and tell them, "they're old and thus not
as valuable, even though one M1-carbine (the black guy owned) had the folding
stock which is a premium item and thus raises the price/value.  Then he brings a
suitcase full of case and tries to get them looking at the money and forget how old,
valuable, etc., their weapons are.  Then this guy sweetens the deal by trying to bribe
the owner with (gold, silver ingots or you can always try to win back a weapon...).  The
Gunsmoke guy thinks he knows everything and every one else (you and I and the rich
people he buys from are eejits and know nothing about our weapons!!) >:(

No, I think this Gunsmoke owner thinks he's the best, and I am sure he behaves that
way in public (arrogant!), as you mentioned, WALK, so he's become an obnoxious
person to the real gun community. I don't know about you, but if my wife wore as
the same amount of clothing his wife and daughter wear, they'd be called names in
my area....

And, $15 K for a handmade pistol?  Get real.... :o

FlashBack

• ELIMN8U
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2011, 09:05:06 AM »
Justified on FX
Hell On Wheels (agree it's slow but hoping it will live up to it's name soon)
Diners...Drive-Ins & Dives
Resturant Impossible
TopGear...(The British Version)

Some Gun Shows:
TacTV
PersonalDefense
Best Defense
Guns&Ammo
Friends Of NRA
ShootingUSA
3Gun Nation
Guns&Gear
Student Of The Gun
Disarming Victims Doesn't Solve Crime.

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2011, 02:09:09 PM »
Well OK!
Wife and I have our Dish Network reciever programed to switch to Encore Westerns every weekday between 1430 and 18something.
During that time, the following, older TV shows appear:
The Virginian
Wagon Train
Have Gun Will Travel
Gunsmoke
Laugh or not, we both remember all these shows from long ago, and enjoy watching them again, now in our older age(s).
Sometimes there are other movies and the like, that we watch on EncoreWesterns...ad nauseum.

In complete accordance with a large percentage on this thread, we also follow (as close as possible), NCIS, Law and Order (all of them), Criminal minds, Person Of Interest, etc....

One thing though!
I just searched through the Dish Network programming available for us, for this "Walking Dead" thing I've seen most of you post about.  It turned up no results whatsoever.

????

Is "The Walking Dead" on regular broadcast "TV"? or is it on some other network besides "Dish Network?"

I'd like to check it out also, since most you you guys remark highly of it!

What gives?

Ciao.
Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

Coastie

« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2011, 02:34:39 PM »
Well OK!
Wife and I have our Dish Network reciever programed to switch to Encore Westerns every weekday between 1430 and 18something.
During that time, the following, older TV shows appear:
The Virginian
Wagon Train
Have Gun Will Travel
Gunsmoke
Laugh or not, we both remember all these shows from long ago, and enjoy watching them again, now in our older age(s).
Sometimes there are other movies and the like, that we watch on EncoreWesterns...ad nauseum.

In complete accordance with a large percentage on this thread, we also follow (as close as possible), NCIS, Law and Order (all of them), Criminal minds, Person Of Interest, etc....

One thing though!
I just searched through the Dish Network programming available for us, for this "Walking Dead" thing I've seen most of you post about.  It turned up no results whatsoever.

??? ?

Is "The Walking Dead" on regular broadcast "TV"? or is it on some other network besides "Dish Network?"

I'd like to check it out also, since most you you guys remark highly of it!

What gives?

Ciao.

A lot of folks here like those old westerns so you're in good company.  The Walking Dead is off until February when they'll resume filming and airing.  This show in my area is on AMC.  This link will maybe bring you up to date:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Walking_Dead_(TV_series).

I like Person of Interest as well, and even if they are in repeat mode for the next couple of months, I'd like to see that one continue instead of being cancelled.

GTG

« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2011, 09:29:26 AM »
Best Defense Outdoor Channel   
Today 12/28/11
What To Do Flash Mob (Times Various)

'The illegal we do immediately; the unconstitutional takes a little longer.' Henry Kissinger

"A Nation Of Sheep Will Beget A Government Of Wolves" Edward D Murrow

"Either We Are A Country Of Laws With A Constitution, Or We Are A Banana Republic"

wacarry

« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2011, 10:58:34 PM »
Ok, here are my favorites:
NCIS and NCIS Los Angeles
Person Of Interest
Blue Bloods
Modern Family
Hawaii Five-O
Parenthood. Ok, I watch with my wife while reading gun forums.
American Guns. I like to see all the old guns he buys

LEJoe

« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2011, 10:31:41 PM »
I use to like to watch the Outer Limits and Twighlight Zone. Then in the 70's my favorite show was Baa Baa Black Sheep with Robert Conrad. I think they later changed the name to Black Sheep Squadron. I loved the F4U Corsair. I don't get the Outdoor Channel here yet for all the good gun shows that I miss very much.

MilProGuy

« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2011, 11:53:31 AM »
Best Defense
Investigative Discovery

Old episodes of Law and Order
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 02:18:13 PM by MilProGuy »
Proud Veteran of the U.S. Army / Army Reserve

Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired

Coastie

« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2012, 09:15:04 PM »
Another one I like is Southland.  Don't know if you
saw it tonight (Weds 1-18), but they had a shoot-
out in the main desks area behind the desk Sargent's
glassed-in area, and after he shouted "Gun!"  There
were several minutes of gunshots....cops shooting
the BG...shooting at the cops...

That scene rivaled any such shoot outs I've seen on
TV of late...

Coastie

« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2012, 09:46:37 PM »
Well, I thought tonight's first show of this season's The Walking Dead was good, especially with the shootout at the end!  Although the sneak peak from watching "Talking Dead" doesn't show Herschal, Glenn or Rick out of the hot water yet.

Who would you want to lead you during the zombie apocalypse and why?
a.  Rick
b.  Shane
c.  Daryl

d.  Herschal

I go with Rick because he's level headed and wants the best for his group although he may leave his group more often than he should.  Shane on the other hand is too hot-headed and like in the hand-washing scene, although he starts by telling Carol that he never thought Sofia was in the barn he quickly turns the talk around to  "poor me" and not carol or anyone else in the group...

MRBARRY

« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2012, 04:29:00 PM »
Who would you want to lead you during the zombie apocalypse and why?
a.  Rick
b.  Shane
c.  Daryl
d.  Herschal
Though Rick would seem to be the logical choice, if you'd ask this before the last episode I would'a been unsure. Wasn't sure if Rick had it in him to use deadly force if needed on the non-zombie predators they were sure to encounter. Appears he does have what it takes after all.

Now if you'd ask who I'd want, not to lead, but to go along side me into battle in their situation, I'd have to give Daryl the nod. He's proven adept with both cross-bow and shotgun.

PPK-380

• Ruger SR9 / Sig. P-238
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2012, 05:17:31 PM »

No news doesn't count. 

Bu Bu But our Dear Leader said that FOX wasnt news????

The Rat Patrol
12'O Clock High
Hogan's Heroes

If you meant what is on these days I dont really have anything. ??? The History channel isnt as good as it once was so I watch The Discovery Channel and Nat Geo a lot. But I also say "a lot" when I seldom watch much TV. ::)
A Handgun Carry Permit may be but a small piece of plastic but it is a HUGE leap in personal and civic responsibilty.

US Army, FL,SC & TN Army National Guard, OIF-3 Vet.

NObama2012

Fear Not for I am with you. Isaiah 41:10

Walkafire

« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2012, 08:22:37 AM »
Just found a new fav...

Student of the Gun

Airs on Sportsman Channel...
Being a instructor, I found this show really interesting.

WALK
NRA Certified Instructor

Wyatt Earp

Coastie

« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2012, 08:30:17 AM »
Found one the other day, Sat at 2 or 230 pm.  Ready Aim Sold!

An hour long series on an auction house that auctions weaponry only.  It was very interesting and I saw quite a few expensive weapons....highly recommended

Coastie

« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2012, 07:58:08 PM »
The Walking Dead trivia...good games for all the shows to date.  Of course, one needs to be able to see everything the actors do on the TV, which isn't always possible, but it's entertaining.

http://www.amctv.com/shows/the-walking-dead/ultimate-fan-game/2643#/finalresult

120 on Season 2 Episode 8

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2012, 03:13:16 PM »
I use to like to watch the Outer Limits and Twighlight Zone. Then in the 70's my favorite show was Baa Baa Black Sheep with Robert Conrad. I think they later changed the name to Black Sheep Squadron. I loved the F4U Corsair. I don't get the Outdoor Channel here yet for all the good gun shows that I miss very much.

The F4U has to be one of the top 4 greatest planes of the WWII era!
If ever (not likely to happen) I was afforded a chance to get an hour of flight time in any of those WWII airplanes, I'd pick the F4U!  Hands down!
IMO, they "have it all."
The P-51's were faster, but, eh, they were liquid cooled and vulnerable to the "golden BB".
Oh, and the radial engines just sounded great!

Ciao.
Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2012, 04:11:06 PM »

The F4U has to be one of the top 4 greatest planes of the WWII era!
If ever (not likely to happen) I was afforded a chance to get an hour of flight time in any of those WWII airplanes, I'd pick the F4U!  Hands down!
IMO, they "have it all."
The P-51's were faster, but, eh, they were liquid cooled and vulnerable to the "golden BB".
Oh, and the radial engines just sounded great!

Ciao.

The F4U Corsair, agreed, was quite an airplane. It would be in my top two to fly in. The other would be the P38 Lightning.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2012, 04:27:36 PM »
This year marks the 100th Anniversary of the sinking of the RMS Titanic. On April 15, 1912, the RMS sank with 1,517 souls (the Titanic carried about 2,200 people – 1,316 passengers and about 900 crew).

I understand that the entire debris field has now been digitally mapped and for the first time, what actually happened may be revealed. TITANIC AT 100: MYSTERY SOLVED premieres Sunday, April 15 at 8-10pm ET/PT on the History channel and will document the most recent mission, unveil astonishing pieces of never-before-seen wreckage and present unexpected findings as well as definitive answers.

If you find the saga of the RMS Titanic exciting, as I do, I hope that you will view the show.

Here is some more information about what you will view: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/03/08/historys-titanic-at-100-mystery-solved-premiere/123734/

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Re: Favorite TV Shows - The Walking Dead
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2012, 04:39:10 PM »
Only two more episodes of 'The Walking Dead" left of this season.

Dale is now deceased, Hershel has opened up his home, and friction between Rick and Shane continues.  And, there is Randall. Oh, what to do about Randall?

Coastie

« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2012, 07:19:10 PM »
Well if you don't know, Shane kills Randall, tried to kill Rick, and Carl insures Shane is dead, after Rick stabs Shane after giving him his pistol!  That was a revelation from today's show, WOW! 

PPK-380

• Ruger SR9 / Sig. P-238
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2012, 02:12:02 AM »
After seeing Burn Notice mentioned here and on another site quite often I was already a bit intrigued, then my kid recommended it to me knowing I dont like much TV.

Best part was I did like it and Net Flix had 4 seasons ready to watch without commercials at my leisure which is the way I like it. I not only watched all four seasons on NetFlix but then the kid found me season 5 on TV-links.eu.

The bad part is that the cliff hanger at the end of season 5 is the worst of any and now I have to wait until season six to see what happens. From what I hear they wont even start shooting that until this summer so it will be a long wait.

Good story line, lots of twists and a very good looking gal that is a weapons expert that loves C-4 more than chocolate...what is not to love, and this is from a non-TV guy.

A Handgun Carry Permit may be but a small piece of plastic but it is a HUGE leap in personal and civic responsibilty.

US Army, FL,SC & TN Army National Guard, OIF-3 Vet.

NObama2012

Fear Not for I am with you. Isaiah 41:10

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2012, 03:52:12 PM »
Well if you don't know, Shane kills Randall, tried to kill Rick, and Carl insures Shane is dead, after Rick stabs Shane after giving him his pistol!  That was a revelation from today's show, WOW! 

I do know now that I've seen the episode. Daryl had it figured out about what Shane did. It was a tense moment wondering who Carl was going to shoot; Rick or Shane because we didn't see Shane get up for a while - as a walking dead. A revelation was that one need not be bitten or scratched to become one of the infected.

And, now that the woods are alive with the sounds of aarghing...

Great episode! Last one for this season is next Sunday.

mjpell

« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2012, 05:45:01 PM »
Flashpoint is about the only thing I watch.

And of course Wipeout is good for a few laughs.  Those people are gluttons for punishment.

Robert Harvey

• Rharvey
  • Administrator
    • The computer guy
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2012, 06:53:41 PM »
We do not have cable or satellite, we have Netflix.
One of many shows that top the list is Doctor Who.
a British show that has done real well, not to mention it is addicting.
Time will tell.