Author Topic: "LUXURY" Cruise Ends  (Read 1127 times)

commonground

• Two Beautiful Girls
"LUXURY" Cruise Ends
« on: February 15, 2013, 05:28:39 AM »
Let's see if I got this right.  You get on a floating ant hill with 4,199 other people, the ant hill becomes a floating sewer and you want to sue someone.  Did I miss something?  Oh yeh, and you also paid a lot of money to do this.

Did anyone ever give any thought to the vulnerability of one of these cruise ships with  4200 people onboard? We lost about aproximately 3,000 in the 911 attacks.  I'll pass.  Thanks

OBTW, who's gonna clean up that mess?  It's probably worse than Noah's Arc after the flood. 

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20130215/DA4F2C2G1.html
“do not go to stupid places with stupid people to do stupid things at stupid times.” - Gabe Suarez

GTG

Re: "LUXURY" Cruise Ends
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 06:25:05 AM »
Yep! Most jails have better standards. 2 working 'thrones'  :o

Some vacation... >:(
'The illegal we do immediately; the unconstitutional takes a little longer.' Henry Kissinger

"A Nation Of Sheep Will Beget A Government Of Wolves" Edward D Murrow

"Either We Are A Country Of Laws With A Constitution, Or We Are A Banana Republic"

Robert Harvey

• Rharvey
  • Administrator
    • The computer guy
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 07:19:11 AM »
you know common sense says that one backup generator they have needs to be able to power the essentials.
sewer is a must on the basic list when you have 1000's of people around.
Time will tell.

flyover

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 08:12:33 AM »
It’s the start of the new “Survivor” series cruises.   ;D

CR Williams

• In Shadow In Light
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 12:18:06 PM »
Did anyone ever give any thought to the vulnerability of one of these cruise ships with  4200 people onboard? We lost about aproximately 3,000 in the 911 attacks.  I'll pass.  Thanks

Not so big a threat in the Caribbean. Ships running off the coast of Africa have things like security units and various less-than-lethal weaponry on board. Memory says two cruise ships have been approached by Somali pirates. One took fire and drove them off with an LRAAD (I believe that's the device--focused sound projector). It also had Gurkhas on the staff. Can't remember for sure about the other one, but neither one was caught.
Shikan haramitsu dai ko myo.

In Shadow In Light - Studying and advancing the art and the science of the fight.

www.inshadowinlight.com

commonground

• Two Beautiful Girls
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 12:34:29 PM »
Somali pirates would be the least of my worries.  A cruise ship is one big sitting duck out there in the middle of nowhere.  We never imagined before 911 that the BGs would get the Trade Center Buildings and the Pentagon but, they did.  Just saying. 
“do not go to stupid places with stupid people to do stupid things at stupid times.” - Gabe Suarez

Robert Harvey

• Rharvey
  • Administrator
    • The computer guy
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2013, 03:20:55 PM »
yeah over 4000 people quick and easy.
I am sure there are many luxury thing Americans do that will expose them to high risk with out them realizing it.

Time will tell.

pstan13

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2013, 08:26:00 PM »
Anyone remember the 1997 movie, Speed 2: Cruise Control?
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes."
-- Thomas Jefferson

commonground

• Two Beautiful Girls
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2013, 11:09:24 AM »
I can't add much to this.   ???