Author Topic: Bow and Arrow Suicide Attack  (Read 3485 times)

commonground

• Two Beautiful Girls
Bow and Arrow Suicide Attack
« on: December 02, 2012, 04:28:51 AM »
This is a very unusual story.  I had heard about this yesterday but, the details were very sketchy.

It's another example of why being CC in the classroom should be encouraged.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/02/man-killed-father-in-wyoming-college-bow-and-arrow-murder-suicide-attack/
do not go to stupid places with stupid people to do stupid things at stupid times. - Gabe Suarez

GTG

Re: Bow and Arrow Suicide Attack
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 05:48:36 AM »
I saw a brief in the paper about it. They inferred it was all a knife attack. The deranged are among us...
'The illegal we do immediately; the unconstitutional takes a little longer.' Henry Kissinger

"A Nation Of Sheep Will Beget A Government Of Wolves" Edward D Murrow

"Either We Are A Country Of Laws With A Constitution, Or We Are A Banana Republic"

pstan13

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 06:27:27 AM »
...man killed his father's live-in girlfriend and then barged into his father's computer science class and shot him in the head with a high-powered bow and arrow

It won't be long now until compound bows become know as "assault bows" and are included on the banned-weapons list! ???
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes."
-- Thomas Jefferson

pstan13

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 07:17:36 AM »
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes."
-- Thomas Jefferson

Robert Harvey

• Rharvey
  • Administrator
    • The computer guy
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 12:00:18 PM »
6 adult people in a room and only one fights the BG!
that is the one being attacked.

shame!

But people are not to bring knives, guns, etc to school.
but chairs, desk, books pens these are weapons as well,
I mean if you had 5 guys with school desk knocking the snot out of the one
assailant who do you think would win? :o
Time will tell.

commonground

• Two Beautiful Girls
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 02:19:17 PM »
As with so many of these cases, if one person with a concealed weapon had been there, things may have turned out very differently.
do not go to stupid places with stupid people to do stupid things at stupid times. - Gabe Suarez

Robert Harvey

• Rharvey
  • Administrator
    • The computer guy
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 02:37:50 PM »
As with so many of these cases, if one person with a concealed weapon had been there, things may have turned out very differently.
There were 5 of them, they all had chairs and school desk.
They could have stopped him!
His weapons could not get them if they are right by him pounding him with a desk or a chair.
Problem is, people have been programmed NOT to get involved, call 911 and let the police take care of it.
None of them knew that he was going to stop there.
when he got done, he could have headed off to another class.
he needed to be stopped.
but the masses have been programmed, they can not stop violent crime! once a gun or knife is being use against you, you are at the BG's mercy. That programming is a lie. but the masses do not know its is a lie. they believe it is hopeless.
this also works in the favor of a dictatorship...
Time will tell.

commonground

• Two Beautiful Girls
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2012, 05:01:39 AM »
My wife and I were discussing the case in which the NFL athlete (Belcher) killed his female companion and himself and how the second amendment the was the cause.  Then, I mentioned how the guy in this case stabbed himself multiple times to kill himself, at which point she said, "Ill bet that he wished that he had a gun." Now that observation tickled me.   ;D ;D   

GTG

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2012, 06:01:08 AM »
Roger, I said similar to the Columbine & Virginia shooting. Virtually all students have backpacks, books, purses & excreta. You would think it would only take one to launch his gear, yell incoming & get the stuff plastering the assailant. You cannot use any weapon effectively with incoming from all directions... :o
'The illegal we do immediately; the unconstitutional takes a little longer.' Henry Kissinger

"A Nation Of Sheep Will Beget A Government Of Wolves" Edward D Murrow

"Either We Are A Country Of Laws With A Constitution, Or We Are A Banana Republic"

pstan13

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2012, 07:57:17 AM »
I agree with G2G. A compound bow is only a single shot and is not like going up against a semioutomatic pistol with 30 round magazine. You should be able to do something to prevent further harm to the victim.

From the interview, below, the students could not believe that someone would come into the classroom to hurt their instructor, so they were just unprepared. In her interview, she was asked if any of the students tried to intervene. Her reply was "No, we all just fled. My first instinct was to run."

http://k2radio.com/eyewitness-recounts-events-inside-jim-krumms-classroom-exclusive-interview/

-- Thomas Jefferson

pstan13

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2012, 05:33:46 PM »
Apparently, the killer had applied for a permit to buy a gun. It is a good thing he never got it.

http://k2radio.com/casper-killer-sought-gun-permit/
-- Thomas Jefferson

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2013, 08:12:44 AM »
I loved this statement in the article: "Neighbor Heather Meier said she came home from work Friday afternoon after picking up her 7-year-old daughter from school, and the two saw Arnold's body still lying in the street.

"As soon as we got home, we just shut the curtains," she said Saturday. "You know, tried to just watch some TV, have some snacks, mind our own business.""
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.