Author Topic: Tactical Scope  (Read 1430 times)

kevinparker21

Tactical Scope
« on: November 08, 2011, 08:14:04 AM »
I am looking for a decent tactical scope for my AR 15 (the one in my avatar).  I am not wanting to spend a whole lot because I plan on using it to about 100 yards max.  I guess my biggest problem I'm having is the look.  I just don't think a traditional scope looks good on the AR so any suggestions would be welcomed.  TIA

{Spell-checked by Coastie}
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 02:07:29 PM by Coastie »
I shoot with my family, but most of all I shoot FOR my family.

CR Williams

• In Shadow In Light
Re: Tacticle Scope
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 08:18:56 AM »
If you're not going to go more than a hundred a simple red dot will work for you.
Shikan haramitsu dai ko myo.

In Shadow In Light - Studying and advancing the art and the science of the fight.

www.inshadowinlight.com

Coastie

Re: Tactical Scope
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 01:50:09 PM »
I just saw this new Nikon in either the Shooting Illustrated or American Rifleman, and it IS affordable, considering how pricey Nikons can be.  It also features the desired view through the scope.  http://www.nikonhunting.com/products/riflescopes/m-223

"The M-223 line offers six riflescopes for AR rifles, all engineered for the 223 Rem./5.56mm NATO round with 55-grain polymer tipped bullet at 3240 fps. With Nikonís latest reticle and adjustment technologies, the M-223 integrates the same level of quality as the flagship Monarchģ riflescopes."

Coastie

Zeiss for Less
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 09:19:21 PM »
The January 2012 issue of American Rifleman (www.americanrifleman.com) is featuring an ad for Zeiss scopes (www.zeiss.com) who is offering customers $100 and $50 mail-in rebates on all Victory riflescopes with rapid-Z Ballistic Recticles and Conquest riflescopes with rapid-Z respectively, purchased through Dec 31, 2011.  They've also lowered the price of their scopes.  So hurry...

For those looking for a quality scope...