Author Topic: New Indiana Law  (Read 833 times)

commonground

• Two Beautiful Girls
New Indiana Law
« on: June 14, 2012, 04:09:45 AM »
I just watched a clip on FOX NEWS TV in which they reported that, legal Indiana gun owners can now defend themselves against LEOs.  This came about because LEOs broke down a door of an innocent man and beat him when he resisted arrest.  The law states that if the LEO is entering your home without a seach warrant or an arrest warrant, you can defend yourself against him.  It also mentioned that some break-ins and thefts have been done by rogue police officers.

If a guy enters your home forcefully and does not have proper authorization, why should he be treated any different than any other BG?  Thoughts?
“do not go to stupid places with stupid people to do stupid things at stupid times.” - Gabe Suarez

Shawn Hoyle

Re: New Indiana Law
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 04:37:14 AM »
I think it's nice that the lawmakers are trying to give the innocent homeowner some wiggle room, but they have a long way to go. The laws are just so complicated and inconsistent that common sense just doesn't cut it anymore. I sure wouldn't want to be put in that situation.
USAF
NRA
ACLDN
NAGR
CST

“Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

-Ronald Reagan

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

commonground

• Two Beautiful Girls
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 10:57:55 AM »
How many times have we heard about guys posing a LEOs and stopping people, especially women, to rob, rape and steal.
“do not go to stupid places with stupid people to do stupid things at stupid times.” - Gabe Suarez

GTG

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 06:41:25 AM »
My CRS memory prevents recollection of all the statistics. With the 'Drug Laws' in the late 70's SWAT raids were few. Today every small locality has a SWAT Team (IMHO) used WAY too often. SWAT Raids have gone up X to the tenth power for too many wrong reasons. From the wrong house, to the Amish selling unpasteurized milk ( the way it is sold legally in virtually all other countries), to Farmers for other reasons. If this slows down the unnecessary use of SWAT at all, I think it is good. G2G
'The illegal we do immediately; the unconstitutional takes a little longer.' Henry Kissinger

"A Nation Of Sheep Will Beget A Government Of Wolves" Edward D Murrow

"Either We Are A Country Of Laws With A Constitution, Or We Are A Banana Republic"

Coastie

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 08:54:52 AM »
So have you criticized that police department via a Letter to the Editor?  Doing it that way would make the citizenry of the area ask the same question, 'Is our police department using SWAT too often?, and might get a government type questioning it as well...