Author Topic: Zimmerman's Bond Revoked  (Read 1439 times)

pop pop

Zimmerman's Bond Revoked
« on: June 01, 2012, 01:09:50 PM »

I just saw on TV George has had his parole revoked. The reasons are he had another passport, poses a flight risk, and lied or was deceptive about the amount of money he had as far as bond goes. He has to report within the next 48 hours.

If you learn anything from this it is DON"T LIE or be deceptive. Hurts your credability. The TV talking heads are roasting Zimm, as usual.

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
Re: Zimmerman's Bond Revoked
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 06:01:20 AM »

I just saw on TV George has had his parole revoked. The reasons are he had another passport, poses a flight risk, and lied or was deceptive about the amount of money he had as far as bond goes. He has to report within the next 48 hours.

If you learn anything from this it is DON"T LIE or be deceptive. Hurts your credability. The TV talking heads are roasting Zimm, as usual.

I just read about the bond revocation online, on a CBS news website.
I also read the following, related, material
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_162-57446435/zimmerman-atty-family-made-a-mistake-with-defense-funds/

The thing that kept running through my mind while reading this stuff, was that Zim and wife could reasonably have figured that ALL the "defense fund" monies would likely go to lawyers before, during, and even after a trial (win or loose), and that they effectively did not "have" that money available to them for other things.
I'm not sure about their intentions.
If I were in his shoes (God forbid!) I'd certainly be ignoring any dough set aside for legal defense.  I'd sure figure that the attorneys would be getting it all sooner or later, thereby rendering it "not mine to begin with".
I don't know.
I hope this plays out better from here forward.

My gut feeling is that no matter what happens in the legal system, he and his wife will be in danger of reprisals for the rest of their natural lives.  I feel badly about the whole thing, for both sides of the issue.

It's disgusting that so many folks are cashing in on their collective misfortunes.
Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

Robert Harvey

• Rharvey
  • Administrator
    • The computer guy
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 06:39:39 AM »

If you learn anything from this it is DON"T LIE or be deceptive. Hurts your credibility. The TV talking heads are roasting Zimm, as usual.

my question is DID he KNOW about the money at the time of the bond? If you don't know you don't know.
Time will tell.

pop pop

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 06:51:44 AM »
Intervention, on the part of others, is a slippery slope to begin with. Zimm is sliding as we speak. I hope all the keyboard commando's, who seem to be "possibly" looking for a fight, take note. This guy was doing an honorable thing and his life is changed forever. He made mistakes and is continuing to make mistakes. Every mistake chips away from your case and credibility. (What you may say WILL be held against you)

Why most say, don't say nothing at all after the 5 things all should say. 1. I was attacked by that person(s), 2. I was in fear for my life, I was forced to shoot him,her,them. 3. He had a gun, knife, there was 4 of them, whatever. 4. The gun is there and he wittnessed this event. 5. Sir/Mam you know how serious this is, I will cooperate fully as soon as I talk to my lawyer. Dont Lie! Shut up. SHUT UP.
Some may choose to say nothing................

Do you see how serious this is? "Yooo mouth will get you in trouble" if you have a bad case of "diarrhea of the mouth" at the worng time, "or you say falsehoods." It "most probably" means you may be arrested, interrogated "by pros" for hours, and spend time in jail, but "SHUT YOUR MOUTH", until you speak to your attorney, Be completely honest with him and be careful what you say in Police custody because you don't know if you will be overheard, by informants, or taped in your conversations. He/she will get you out of jail, if possible, then you can build your case. At any rate your life will be on hold for years to come. INTERVENTION???????????Seroious business. Ask George...........
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 08:33:45 AM by pop pop »

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 05:35:53 AM »
Intervention, on the part of others, is a slippery slope to begin with. Zimm is sliding as we speak. I hope all the keyboard commando's, who seem to be "possibly" looking for a fight, take note. ...<SNIP>...Do you see how serious this is? "Yooo mouth will get you in trouble" if you have a bad case of "diarrhea of the mouth" at the worng time, "or you say falsehoods." It "most probably" means you may be arrested, interrogated "by pros" for hours, and spend time in jail, but "SHUT YOUR MOUTH", until you speak to your attorney, Be completely honest with him and be careful what you say in Police custody because you don't know if you will be overheard, by informants, or taped in your conversations. He/she will get you out of jail, if possible, then you can build your case. At any rate your life will be on hold for years to come. INTERVENTION? ??? ??? ??? ?Seroious business. Ask George...........

Please forgive my ignorance and early morning brain-deadness.
Would you mind elaborating on what you mean by "intervention" in this case?
Moreover, I am at a loss (perhaps by the brain-dead phenomenon again) to detect anyone here on this forum that appears to be "...looking for a fight..."
I'm not trying to be difficult.  Please explain if you don't mind.

Thanks!
Happy Wednesday everyone!
Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

Coastie

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 10:41:00 AM »

'Judges and lawyers and juries play God every day.  Strangers who know little and care
less about the individuals they sit in judgement of.  You think they always play strictly by
the rules?   That they don't manipulate and maneuver and rationalize and exercise
personal prejudice and deliberately misinterpret facts simply because they're
empowered by the legal system?  That's another illusion we keep fooling ourselves with.
We all play God sometimes.  And sometimes the God we play is more just than the
God Lawmakers play.' (Illusions, Bill Pronzini)

pop pop

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 04:34:05 AM »
OldRanger, not saying anyone on this forum is looking for a fight. Most of us came from another forum where some of the younger inexperianced members were a bit fast on the trigger, so to speak. Or at least their fingers on the keyboard, and threats of action seemed to be overly zelious when looking for someone to come to their rescue just because they had a concealed carry permit.

Most of them do not realize the consequence of getting invoved, even in cases like Zimm's where he was doing a noble thing in a place he had every right to be.  Zimmerman was in a neighborhood watch, which is not exactly intervention on behalf of others, but is a borderline case. It appears, he made some bad choices, and only time will tell how much it is going to cost him in terms of lost freedom or monetarily. I just used his incident to point out how much trouble one can get into when you involve yourself in situations where deadly force happens. Involving yourself in others problems is real serious because you, most times, do not know all the facts of the situation in the short amount of time you have to assess the situation.

Sorry for not being clear with my ramblings.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 05:01:39 AM by pop pop »