Author Topic: Georgia senate passes knife preemption legislation  (Read 2263 times)

RayMich

Re: Georgia senate passes knife preemption legislation
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 04:05:58 PM »
We need knife pre-emption laws in every state of the Union.

Right now, the patchwork of knife laws is mind boggling.
- Ray -

"The Constitution is NOT and instrument for the government to restrain the people, it IS an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Coastie

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 04:54:21 PM »
Good idea, contact your reps and senators and ask them...

pafindr

• Christus nos liberavit
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 05:49:46 PM »
Down here in FL knives, depending on the size, fall under the same laws as guns. Knives under 3.5" fall under common pocketknives.
Our permits are concealed weapon permits not just gun/pistol permits. Also counties/cities can't pass laws that trump state laws as far as weapons go.
Do what you've always done, get what you've always gotten.

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
Georgia senate passes knife preemption legislation
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 07:20:57 PM »
I have always wondered just "who" blade length laws are supposed to make feel better??

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

RayMich

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 08:14:54 PM »
I have always wondered just "who" blade length laws are supposed to make feel better??

The way I see it, the only ones who could possibly feel good about these stupid knife laws would be British Subjects, liberal politicians and scared old ladies who watched the movie 'West Side Story' back in the early 60's...
- Ray -

"The Constitution is NOT and instrument for the government to restrain the people, it IS an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Skip

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2012, 08:28:49 PM »

[/quote]
The way I see it, the only ones who could possibly feel good about these stupid knife laws would be British Subjects, liberal politicians and scared old ladies who watched the movie 'West Side Story' back in the early 60's...
[/quote]

I believe I remember reading somewhere that "West Side Story" was the impetus in several states for enacting restrictive knife laws.