Author Topic: New home page?  (Read 3161 times)

Coastie

New home page?
« on: March 09, 2012, 03:14:43 PM »
Who else has noticed the new home page?  I just logged on at 3 (something PM) and it didn't look like that this AM when I was first on....good job Robert/Dawn - it is VERY professional in appearance~!  Thank you for your hard effort!

DangeRuss

• MCRGO
Re: New home page?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 09:34:30 AM »
Nothing has changed on my homepage, It looks like it allways has.

Russ
"In God we trust All others pay cash"
Member of
NRA
GOA
MCRGO
SAF
Member ACLDN

Robert Harvey

• Rharvey
  • Administrator
    • The computer guy
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 11:14:11 AM »
www.guntoters.com - has the new webpage - it is not done yet... if people have content they would like to see up there plz submit it to me so we can consider it for the website.

guntoters.com - goes strait to the forum.

ty
Robert
Time will tell.

Shawn Hoyle

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 12:29:55 PM »
Wow, Robert. Love it!

I'm not one to criticize, but....
I just wonder if there is any way to not violate the #1 safety rule in the picture.

Sorry  ;)
USAF
NRA
ACLDN
NAGR
CST

“Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

-Ronald Reagan

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Coastie

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 08:16:02 PM »
The photo of the firearm or the member?  Genie?

I kind of like it, it gives us a more stylish cover page.  On the links area Robert/Dawn will put the 'Join NRA' link as well.  So we can prospective members to join through there. 

Shawn Hoyle

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 08:18:53 PM »
The Glock is pointed at the guys head.
USAF
NRA
ACLDN
NAGR
CST

“Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

-Ronald Reagan

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Coastie

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 09:26:42 PM »
But the gun also fits in the Gun/Toters words.  Maybe they can frame the gun where it isn't pointing at the head....or reverse the page where the guy is on the opposite side? 

If you look at the top of the forum pages you'll see almost the same pistol ...

Shawn Hoyle

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 04:57:31 PM »
I agree, the LOGO looks great. Moving the guy would be good. Maybe have him ducking for cover.

Who is that guy, anyhow???  It's not Robert.

I think they should put a picture of the guy who posts the most on the forum.
Nobody even comes close to you, Coastie.
USAF
NRA
ACLDN
NAGR
CST

-Ronald Reagan

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Coastie

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2012, 08:28:51 AM »
It's a cyber-image I am sure.  Ahh, no thanks.  But thank's for the thought. 

Robert, if possible what do you think about removing the pistol in that screen, putting it in the character's hand, but not pointed at anyone (like he just pulled it), and the cell phone is a good idea...{It's as if the Guntoter see he needs to act, acts and uses the cell phone to call 911 as well)...or place the firearm in his waistband...that's how it should be viewed...

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2012, 03:35:46 PM »
Oh yes.  I noticed, and I agree that it looks very good indeed!
The only thing, on a personal side for me, is that since I saved my login information to allow me only to click the "login" button on the original page - now my browser only recognizes the URL of the old "home page" and requires me to enter my username and password every time.
Perhaps I could clear all login information in my browser's settings, or some other tweaks that would allow me to bypass entering the whole enchilada. 
Otherwise, I'm all for it!
Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

Coastie

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2012, 04:42:51 PM »
I've found that if you just close the browser window using the upper right corner 'X', when your finished using the Internet, without signing out - that even if you go through the new "Home" page to log on, you (at least I) don't have to sign back into the forum using my name and PW.  I do need to do that with the Blog, but that's a different entity entirely. 

Shawn Hoyle

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2012, 05:01:04 PM »
Robert changed it altogether. Looks great, Robert!

guntoters.com
USAF
NRA
ACLDN
NAGR
CST

-Ronald Reagan

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ