Author Topic: BORS (Barrett Firearms) Optics  (Read 1225 times)

Coastie

BORS (Barrett Firearms) Optics
« on: February 08, 2012, 09:09:10 AM »
"LEAVE NOTHING TO CHANCE.

This constantly adapting ballistics computer puts science at your fingertips. From environmental factors to the angle of your rifle, BORS instantly takes care of the data work so you can focus on the task of putting lead on target.

The Barrett Optical Ranging System (BORS) is an integrated ballistics computer that mounts directly on the riflescope and couples to the elevation knob. drawing from thousands of tables and taking into account a number of real-time external factors, it automatically gives the shooter the exact yardage at which a bullet will hit. In other words, itís like having an army of ballisticians behind every shot."  (Barrett Firearms 2-08-12)  http://barrett.net/optics/bors

(Scope not included)

It's a little steep, but price = accuracy! 

DangeRuss

• MCRGO
Re: BORS (Barrett Firearms) Optics
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 10:32:20 AM »
That would make for some nice long shots at Deer or Elk, I doubt I will ever own one but can put it on the wish list.

Russ
"In God we trust All others pay cash"
Member of
NRA
GOA
MCRGO
SAF
Member ACLDN

Coastie

Re: BORS (Barrett Firearms) Optics
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 11:12:47 AM »
With one of these you save the requirement for a spotter.  Don't know if I would ever own one, but there's always the wish list.  This on a good weapon would almost make one invincible...perhaps in an urban sniping session....survival...