Author Topic: Maybe Moving Away from the NRA  (Read 106 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Maybe Moving Away from the NRA
« on: August 12, 2019, 05:19:57 AM »
Some personal things of mine regarding the NRA:

http://guntoters.com/blog/2019/08/12/why-i-may-moving-away-from-the-nra/

Leave comments in the thread if so desired.
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

NorCalChuck

• Redwood Practical Shooters
Re: Maybe Moving Away from the NRA
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 10:43:17 AM »
I couldn't have stated it better myself.
Just in case you have not done so would you allow me to copy that and put it into letter form and send it to the NRA myself.
This statement needs to be repeated and there are several places and people that need to read it.
I would gladly use your name on it but not without your permission.
"We will have a good government as long as those that govern are effected by those laws that they pass. When those that are passing the laws are no longer effected by those laws then they will no longer pass good laws."

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 12:08:04 PM »
You can use it if you wish. This was more of an open letter to myself, and trying to convince myself, that we could have and get better.

Like politicians that (supposedly) work for us, organizations that take from the people owe the people something in return. Without the people (members) these organizations are nothing but hot air and should be shut down because of the frauds that they are.
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2019, 01:01:38 PM »
I'm sticking with them, in hopes that they can get their act together. We need the NRA, but as a strong, functional organization, not one rife with (and rift by) corruption and dissent.

I place the blame for the current Hoo-Ha in the laps of the Board. It was up to them to oversee and to discipline the management, in the name of all of us, and they just sat back and didn't do their jobs.

There is no other nation-wide organization which can do what the NRA should be doing. Thus, my hopeful and continuing support.
But, at the same time, I also support SAF and CCRKBA. These two partnered organizations may be able to step in and fill the gap that would be left by a non-functioning NRA.
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2019, 01:17:44 PM »
By the way, I do still support the NRA. Anytime that I purchase something from Midway, I donate through their 'Round-up' program, which results in a few pennies. However, my larger donations are in the past until they can get past all of this.
I will surely be watching to see what takes place with all this gun control hoopla rearing its ugly head again.

NorCalChuck

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2019, 02:42:14 PM »
Well I have my own ideas about what is going on and there is something about Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierra that does not pass my smell test.
I do tend to agree with Steve as to the ultimate blame belongs with the board but there had to be someone feeding them the cover BS that the board did not take the time to check out.

The NRA has a long way to go to gain back my support financial or otherwise.

As stated so well by our own Taurain: "Today, it is being said that the organization’s leadership is corrupted by vanity and self-dealing. The organization has become a source of personal enrichment for its chief executive, Wayne LaPierre., who raked in a cool $1.37 million in 2017, plus additional benefits."

Nuff said . . . .  .

One more thing Taurain . . . . . .
Should I put your name on it as the author or just use the words as written????
"We will have a good government as long as those that govern are effected by those laws that they pass. When those that are passing the laws are no longer effected by those laws then they will no longer pass good laws."

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2019, 03:11:12 PM »
Since the article is a mixture of thoughts, mine and others, and articles of record, ensuring that my attributions are included will be important. Otherwise, you are just reproducing the article with my blessing. You can provide a link to the blog location that would cover all.

NorCalChuck

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2019, 03:44:23 PM »
A link will be included . . . . Good idea.

pop pop

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2019, 06:08:10 PM »
I am really disappointed with the NRA. Corruption and greed seems to follow free money.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2019, 06:55:54 PM »
I am really disappointed with the NRA. Corruption and greed seems to follow free money.
Yeah.
Welcome to modern morality.

(Actually, greed has always been like this.)
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

NorCalChuck

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2019, 12:11:29 PM »
There is no such thing as "Free Money" . . . . there is always a string attached.
Sometimes the string is actually a rope around your neck . . . . . . .
Kinda like a "Free Lunch" . . . . . . .

flyover

« Reply #11 on: Yesterday at 07:24:16 AM »
My donations to the NRA have diminished, on the other hand, I still try to donate what I can to the NRA/ILA and the NRA Whittington Center.

NorCalChuck

« Reply #12 on: Yesterday at 09:03:23 AM »
Your suggestion warrants a more careful check on the operational controls of the NRA-ILA.
After all, "you cannot avoid fleas while lying down with the dogs" . . . .
As my grandmother used to say.