Author Topic: The Antioch TN Church Shooter  (Read 357 times)

pop pop

The Antioch TN Church Shooter
« on: May 24, 2019, 02:29:08 PM »
The church shooter has been found guilty on over at least 43 counts with the biggie being 1st degree murder. He will get 51 years in prison, for the 1st degree charge, and the jury is now deliberating whether or not he will become eligible for parole. The death penalty was not on the table. Why, I don't know. Could be the mental thing?

The judge will add to his total years in prison on the other 42 counts, later.

Edited to add; The media reported that some fireworks occurred between the lady judge and the lawyers during the trial. Supposedly it was over what the jury was allowed to hear.

LEJoe

Re: The Antioch TN Church Shooter
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2019, 03:42:45 PM »
  I hope he never gets out of jail. Of course I can't tell HIM that because, well, I might hurt his feelings.   >:(

pop pop

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2019, 06:34:36 PM »
The death penalty was not on the table because several of the church members asked that it not be considered in this case.

The Jury will convene on Tuesday and continue their deliberations on whether the shooter gets parole after his mandatory 51 year sentence for murder 1. 

NorCalChuck

• Redwood Practical Shooters
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2019, 01:08:09 PM »
HUH????????
"We will have a good government as long as those that govern are effected by those laws that they pass. When those that are passing the laws are no longer effected by those laws then they will no longer pass good laws."

pop pop

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2019, 04:22:10 AM »
The preacher, he shot, was on TV after the verdict came in, and said, "We never heard an I am sorry during the whole trial. In fact he said after they heard the recorded, from jail, phone conversations with his girl friend, discussing the shooting, the shooter was a completely different person than the church family had worshiped with. Go figure!

The no I'm sorry, from the shooter, is understandable because had the shooter done that, then he would admit guild to the whole shooting incident. He was pleading not guilty.

Looks like the shooter is going to get plenty prison time. The judge still must sentence him on an additional 42 counts which he was also found guilty on. This will be in addition to the 51 years he already will receive for murder 1.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2019, 08:54:07 AM »
And, the great people of Tennessee get to provide 3 hots and a cot, medical care, clothing, sex, drugs, and rock n' roll for the rest of his life. There is something basically wrong about that equation. Anything you can get outside, you can get inside.
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

LEJoe

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2019, 01:58:04 PM »
And, the great people of Tennessee get to provide 3 hots and a cot, medical care, clothing, sex, drugs, and rock n' roll for the rest of his life. There is something basically wrong about that equation. Anything you can get outside, you can get inside.

HIV works for me.   >:(

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2019, 04:19:19 PM »
...HIV works for me.   >:(

;D    ;D    ;D
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

flyover

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2019, 09:13:33 AM »

HIV works for me.   >:(

Then the taxpayers get stuck with the cost of his medical treatment. >:(

pop pop

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2019, 06:12:31 PM »
The jury gave him life without parole. The judge suppose to/will give him additional time on the other 42 counts.

Parson

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2019, 07:51:09 AM »
Does the additional time matter for some reason?

pop pop

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2019, 09:24:14 AM »
I would say it does. It will serve to keep the guy in prison if and when they want to give him parole. Sometimes they give one life without parole, then down the road the w/o parole gets conveniently forgotten. Could be even if they do that, with the 1st degree charge, then they will tack on more charges and time.

I heard a talking head, on TV,  say that! 

NorCalChuck

• Redwood Practical Shooters
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2019, 10:38:09 AM »
Speaking about "Talking Heads."
Does anyone here recall MAX HEAD ROOM?
Just curious . . . . .
"We will have a good government as long as those that govern are effected by those laws that they pass. When those that are passing the laws are no longer effected by those laws then they will no longer pass good laws."

LEJoe

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2019, 10:40:42 AM »
Does the additional time matter for some reason?
[/quote

More charges would make it more difficult to negotiate any deals in any further retrials (if any) that may come in the future.

Parsons, welcome to the board. Glad you could make it!

Stay safe,
Lake Erie Joe

Parrish, Florida

LEJoe

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2019, 10:42:35 AM »
Speaking about "Talking Heads."
Does anyone here recall MAX HEAD ROOM?
Just curious . . . . .

Yes! Didn't he get his start on MTV?