Author Topic: Competition Firearms for Self-Defense  (Read 67 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Competition Firearms for Self-Defense
« on: December 29, 2018, 05:00:11 AM »
I just posted an article regarding my thoughts on using a competition firearm for self-defense.

I hope that you enjoy the read.

Comments regarding the article are most welcomed!

http://guntoters.com/blog/2018/12/29/competition-firearms-for-self-defense/
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

flyover

Re: Competition Firearms for Self-Defense
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2018, 07:26:50 AM »
I think it would depend more on if the prosecutor wanted to make his bones with your case.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Re: Competition Firearms for Self-Defense
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2018, 08:29:03 AM »
The best that you can hope for is a "No Bill" from the Grand Jury. Of course, there still may be civil actions toward you. There also could be civil actions against the FFL holder that sold you the firearm and also against the manufacturer of the firearm. Somebody has deep pockets!

A prosecutor will fight to have the firearm used included; a good defense attorney will fight to have the firearm excluded. If the firearm is excluded, then the burden of proof is on the state to prove that your actions were not justified. If the firearm is included, the waters are muddied.  Hopefully, the defense attorney is gun savvy and can counter the prosecutor's points of attack.
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.