Author Topic: Teaching One's Own To Do Good Deeds  (Read 166 times)

pop pop

Teaching One's Own To Do Good Deeds
« on: June 28, 2018, 10:04:34 AM »
Well, a friend at church, my traveling friend Bill, had a bad fall last week. He was getting ready to go spend a week in Florida and was hurrying to get he 3 acer yard mowed. He fell on a ramp going into where he stores his mowers.

Needless to say, he is down and several of us (4 two other church brothers run Bill's mowers) went over and mowed his yard this morning. My son-in-law has two commercial front mounted mowers, and I borrowed them along with his 14 year old son, whom his dad and I are trying to teach to "do a kindness" to those who may be in need. I believe this is a learned thing, and his dad can't say no to anyone.

I got the boy up at 6 AM and we traveled to Hardees and got a biscuit and a drink and proceeded to mow 3 acers before most people had breakfast this morning. Good thing because we have been deluged with a week of spiritic rain and it is raining cats and dogs right now.

I am glad to say Mason did a wonderful job and never said one cross word going over or returning home. Bill tried to pay him and he refused to take it. All I can say is "Atta-Boy" Mason and thanks to his dad for furnishing the hardware. I will call Mason this afternoon, and thank him myself. Training is good but we all must be thankful when it accomplished successfully.

This young man won a 10,000. dollar scholarship to a college as he won the TN State Championship in archery this past year. He also competes in Trap and is on the school trap team. Mason also loves to fish and says he wants to become a Conservation Officer/Game Warden. I hope he will be successful. He is a good boy. You just gotta Love-em.

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
Re: Teaching One's Own To Do Good Deeds
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2018, 02:08:58 PM »
Pop pop,
I'm glad to hear this good report!

I always am glad to hear about people trying for higher standards.

Keep up the good work!

OR53

sent from phone, typos possible

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.