Author Topic: School Under Fire After Anti-Gun Walkout Leaves One Dead  (Read 330 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
School Under Fire After Anti-Gun Walkout Leaves One Dead
« on: April 23, 2018, 12:09:13 PM »
https://www.westernjournal.com/school-under-fire-after-anti-gun-walkout-leaves-one-dead/?utm_source=Email&utm_medium=WJBreaking&utm_campaign=breaking&utm_content=western-journal

It seems that the 11-year old strayed from the pack, or was never with them at all and just used the walk-out to go to the park.

The school declines any responsibility? I smell a huge lawsuit against the school - and rightly so.

It is funny how this works, though. You tell the kids that they can use a designated area, but a few wander off - breaking the rules or not following the rules.  So, the kid(s) is on his own?

It sound like human nature to me; some just say no to the rules and play their own game. In the adult world, this is sometimes called 'criminal behavior' depending on what behavior is exhibited, and people that break the rules end up in jail or worse.

No sir! This school was playing politics with kids and wrongly so.

But, this school administration and the teachers who were behind this 'walkout' will never realize what their actions caused - nor take responsibility for it. 

Lord, they know not what they do!
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
Re: School Under Fire After Anti-Gun Walkout Leaves One Dead
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 04:30:43 PM »
...This school was playing politics with kids and wrongly so...

Agreed!
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

LEJoe

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 05:08:54 PM »
Sad. In my day in school, we did not tell the administration what we were going to do. They told us, what we were going to do and when we going to do it. There was no vote, there was no debate, it happens now. Things ran smoothly in 1973 in spite of all the current events. What happened? 

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2018, 10:08:21 PM »
Political Correctness happened.
And making sure that kids feel good about themselves, rather than making sure that they're learning the things which will be useful in "grown-up" life.
And "self actuation," whatever that is.

The result is an almost complete lack of both personal discipline and personal responsibility, larded heavily with ignorance.
Watch a young person make change: If the cash register doesn't tell them what the correct cash-back is, they're lost.
And even modern history is a complete mystery, along with politics and civics.
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

pop pop

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2018, 06:29:48 AM »
As usual, none of the major TV fake news outlets has carried this story. I guess it doesn't fit their agenda driven narrative.