Author Topic: Shooting At Waffle House/Nashville  (Read 379 times)

pop pop

Shooting At Waffle House/Nashville
« on: April 23, 2018, 06:17:06 AM »
NASHVILLE, Tenn.#8203; —
A gunman wearing nothing but a green jacket and brandishing an assault rifle stormed a Waffle House restaurant in Nashville and shot four people to death before dawn Sunday, according to police, who credited a customer with saving lives by wresting the assailant’s weapon away.

The gunman opened fire at 3:23 a.m. (local time) on Sunday and before a "hero" patron, James Shaw, Jr., wrestled away the gunman's rifle, according to police.

The shooter fled the scene on foot and has not been apprehended at this time. Apparently this guy has mental problems because he was arrested, by the Secret Service, at the White House several months ago. He crossed a barrier in a controlled access area and refused to leave so he was arrested by the Secret Service and charged.

Due to the arrest, in DC, Daniel Ranking lost his card to be able to own firearms in Illinois, where he lived, and had 4 guns confiscated including the AR 15 used in the Waffle House shooting months later.

The guns were released back to his father who in tern gave them back to the son. The son used the AR to shoot up the Waffle House while naked except for a green jacket. The AR was purchased legally 7 years ago.

Edited to add; White, 27 year old Ranking was fired from a construction job in Nashville recently, but did get another job but only worked one day then did not return to the new job.

The man that wrestled the gun away from Randking, has 3rd degree burns in the palm of his hand. The perp must have fired several rounds for the barrel to get that hot.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Re: Shooting At Waffle House/Nashville
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 10:24:01 AM »
A definite mental case. Can't say too much for the father either.
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

pop pop

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 03:15:53 PM »
They just announced that he was taken into custody a short time ago. He was hiding in the woods behind the apartment complex where he has an apartment.

Edited to add; The thug walked out of the woods and a lady seen him then called 911. The Police responded to her location and soon arrested him. He had a semiauto pistol in his back pack. He was captured only about 1/2 mile from the Waffle House.

There were 160 Police officers in this search. It has rained off and on all day and is cool. They had the woods surrounded with a perimeter and were grid searching the woods, but the tip finally led them to this guy.

Antioch is the same neighborhood that had the church shooting, a few months back, and 7 were killed and several injured.

LEJoe

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2018, 05:10:20 PM »
Splash one bad guy!

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2018, 10:13:05 PM »
The father may face felony charges, too.

To which I can only reply: Good!
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2018, 05:40:46 PM »
The father may face felony charges, too.

To which I can only reply: Good!
Yes, I  agree.

I realize that parents (I've never been a "real" parent, only a step-parent....more than once), tend to believe in the goodness of their kids.
I think too, that sometimes the kids can have such a "control" over their parents that a given parent can actually be "afraid" not to give in to the wishes of the kid.
I've seen it enough times from the perspective of a step-parent, to speak with substantial experience in these observations.
I'll spare you all with sordid examples of these instances.

At the very least, a spell of reality counseling for the parent, the father.

Ugh, stupid stupid to remain blind like that.

Sent from BlackBerry KeyOne

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2018, 10:16:22 PM »
...I think too, that sometimes the kids can have such a "control" over their parents that a given parent can actually be "afraid" not to give in to the wishes of the kid...

Yes. Exactly.
The Sandy Hook School shooter got his guns from his (foolish) mother.
And so on...
Steve,

pop pop

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2018, 02:41:43 PM »
Sometimes I think parents give in because that is the fastest way, "In Their Minds," to end the battle. Mental illness is a very bad thing in families. Not excusing what the father did.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2018, 03:50:50 PM »
Sometimes I think parents give in because that is the fastest way...to end the battle...

That's my observation, too.
It's a terrible mistake.
Steve,