Author Topic: The Founders’ Lesson On Gun Control  (Read 457 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
Re: The Founders’ Lesson On Gun Control
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2018, 08:19:29 PM »
What bothers me about this article is that it is at all necessary to remind people.
It seems to me that we are living in perilous times, creeping ever closer to the edge of a precipice.

Sent from BlackBerry KeyOne

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2018, 11:20:50 PM »
The people are too busy transferring their power to the federal and state governments to notice the usurpation, and the ensuing danger to themselves, that they are causing.

The example of Maduro's Venezuela and Castro's Cuba are right in front of them, but they're too busy with their iPhones to notice.

That's OK. I'll be dead before it's accomplished. Après moi, le déluge.
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, præparet bellum."

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 09:36:01 AM »
Please Don't Die Yet!

There's some things I really want to learn from you!

Sent from BlackBerry KeyOne

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2018, 11:17:01 AM »
The people are too busy transferring their power to the federal and state governments to notice the usurpation, and the ensuing danger to themselves, that they are causing.

The example of Maduro's Venezuela and Castro's Cuba are right in front of them, but they're too busy with their iPhones to notice.

That's OK. I'll be dead before it's accomplished. Après moi, le déluge.
In the 'Days of Yore' there was little to distract the people and people knew when they were affected by actions of the government, whatever the government). There are many distractions these days and people won't know truth until it slaps them up along side the head. Even then, most will follow the herd, as they have in England, and realize that they are merely subjects and not a free people.. The sheep don't recognize that the wolf is coming. The sheep dog lives for that day.
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.