Author Topic: Kroger Making You Safe!!!  (Read 342 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Kroger Making You Safe!!!
« on: March 18, 2018, 10:02:18 AM »
"According to The Shooting Wire, their affiliate The Outdoor Wire recently obtained a memo from Kroger executives which informed all print magazine distributors who serviced Kroger brand and affiliated stores that the grocery chain would no longer carry, display or sell magazines with “assault weapons content,” though firearms-related publications not containing such content would still be permitted."

In addition, the Outdoor Wire will no longer sell magazines.

I am feeling so much safer, already!

In fact I feel way much safer, because I have cut all ties with Kroger. I used to get my gas at Kroger where I received anywhere from $.03 to $0.10 off per gallon using their "Consumer Card."  I get the same price (or less) at Quik-Trip.

My Grandson gave me a Kroger Gift Card for a Christmas present. I gave it, and the Consumer Card to the wifey.  I told her to use it for groceries if she so wished, but they will not get another dime out of me.

Source: https://conservativetribune.com/grocery-chain-anti-gun-lunacy/?utm_source=Email&utm_medium=conservativebyte&utm_campaign=dailyam&utm_content=libertyalliance
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

LEJoe

Re: Kroger Making You Safe!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2018, 04:56:41 PM »
Amen!

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 07:28:23 AM »
Amen x2

Sent from BlackBerry KeyOne

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

NorCalChuck

• Redwood Practical Shooters
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 10:05:12 AM »
I am sorry but I do not understand the rational of it being OK for your wife to use a card that you will not use on principal?
I suppose there must be a good reason for this so I am asking??????
"We will have a good government as long as those that govern are effected by those laws that they pass. When those that are passing the laws are no longer effected by those laws then they will no longer pass good laws."

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2018, 02:23:18 PM »
I am sorry but I do not understand the rational of it being OK for your wife to use a card that you will not use on principal?
I suppose there must be a good reason for this so I am asking??????
My wifey is an independent person and has no dog in the fight for gun rights, although she knows that I own a few.

The wifey does shop at Kroger - and several other supermarkets.  Fortunately, she does save money by mixing where she shops for what. I could have shredded the gift card instead of giving it to her. I simply will not do business with Kroger any longer; if she wants to, that's her business.

She gets on me about having breakfast at Waffle House, knowing that I know that firearms are not allowed on the premises.  However, they are not against the 2nd amendment; they just don't want firearms. In the 4 years that I have had breakfast, before going to the range each Sunday, I have carried concealed and have never been 'outed." In fact, I had a conversation with my favorite waitress about the policy. While I never mentioned anything about carrying concealed, she did tell me something to the effect of; "Honey, if you were to come in armed, I would not say a thing about it. It's people like you that I want in here." I just ginned and thanked her.

Do I carry in COSTCO? You betcha! Have I and would I carry in Kroger? You betcha! Carry in Malls? Oh, hell yes! But, they will never know it. The only place where I don't carry concealed is when my better sense tells me not to.  The way that I look at it is that I make my own 'safe space.' For the majority of my time, I pick and choose where I want to do business and there are certain places that, by law, forbid the carrying of firearms (like government facilities) and I am alright with that.  A private or corporately-owned business 'policy' is not law. I only break the law if I refuse to leave when asked, but I would leave and that would be that.

Anyway, if the wifey wants to use the card it's $50 that she does not have coming out of her pocket. It might as well be used for something good. With that said, the Grandson use to work at Kroger while he was going to school. If he still worked there, would I tell him not to? No, I would explain why I don't want anything to do with the company, but my decision shouldn't be a demand that he leave a job over it.  Everybody has freedom of choice (for the most part), and everyone should hear all sides in order to make an intelligent choice for themselves.

Lots of philosophical stuff to ponder.

Anyway, I pick and choose my battles and try not let my ego overrule my common sense.
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2018, 09:23:06 PM »

]

<snip>

Anyway, I pick and choose my battles and try not let my ego overrule my common sense.

Me too, but I'm not always successful at either. Mostly it's the EGO that leads me astray.

Sent from BlackBerry KeyOne

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

NorCalChuck

• Redwood Practical Shooters
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2018, 06:51:31 PM »
"Anyway, I pick and choose my battles and try not let my ego overrule my common sense."
That says it all . . . .
"We will have a good government as long as those that govern are effected by those laws that they pass. When those that are passing the laws are no longer effected by those laws then they will no longer pass good laws."