Author Topic: Makes no Sense to Me!  (Read 287 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Makes no Sense to Me!
« on: February 22, 2018, 02:28:56 PM »
I recently saw a sign in an article that stated; "Staff is armed and trained any intent to harm children will be met with deadly force."

Now, if I were a bad person who would I take out first?

Why not just say; "Any attempt to harm children will be met with deadly force." Keep the "who" is going to administer that deadly force as a question in the bad person's mind.

Just a thought.
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
Re: Makes no Sense to Me!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 03:43:42 PM »
...And I bet you saw that sign in a gun-free zone.

Along with shooting technique and the relevant laws, tactics should also be taught.
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 04:29:12 AM »
I find the sign ironic. According to reports, the resource officer (who has resigned) at the Florida school, who was armed, hid from the shooter. Video shows him hiding behind a pillar of sorts. I guess that his retirement, after 30 years of service as a LEO was more important than the lives of those he was supposed to protect.
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

pstan13

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 07:28:30 AM »
I read this morning that there were six police officers standing guard outside the "retired" resource officers home. It's too bad they couldn't have had this kind of effort at the school!
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes."
-- Thomas Jefferson

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2018, 08:11:13 AM »
He has now the status of the rich - paid for armed security. He no longer needs a firearm, right?

Do we need to wager that some, if not all, of those officers are carrying ARs"