Author Topic: House Passes Concealed Carry Reciprocity  (Read 358 times)

pop pop

House Passes Concealed Carry Reciprocity
« on: December 12, 2017, 04:46:21 AM »
Don't know how you stand on this issue, but let us hope the Senate passes a clean bill, and don't add a lot of trash to this bill. Every time they mess with concealed carry they seem to, in a back door way, slide in some more unhelpful legislation to the bills, IMO.

House Passes Concealed Carry Reciprocity
The bill, H.R. 38, ensures that those Americans who can legally carry a concealed firearm in one state will legally be able to do so in every other state. It eliminates the confusing patchwork of state laws that have ensnared otherwise law-abiding gun owners, and have forced law enforcement to waste their precious time and resources enforcing laws that don't do anything to reduce violent crime.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
Re: House Passes Concealed Carry Reciprocity
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 07:25:14 PM »
Pray for us, Roger.
We need all the help we can get.
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, præparet bellum."

LEJoe

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 12:35:05 AM »
Pray for us, Roger.
We need all the help we can get.

Indeed.

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 10:03:11 PM »
From what I've heard, something extra WAS added before it passed.

Sent from BlackBerry KeyOne

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

CR Williams

• In Shadow In Light
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2017, 05:17:05 AM »
It was attached to the 'Fix-NICS' bill that is beloved of Democrats.
Shikan haramitsu dai ko myo.

In Shadow In Light - Studying and advancing the art and the science of the fight.

www.inshadowinlight.com

pop pop

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2017, 09:24:35 AM »
I got this from Mass Ayoob's newsletter this morning. I guess this was mainly aimed at federal agencies, like the one that did not report the Texas church shooter's info into the NICS system. I hope that is all the new language of the bill changes. I have a hard time trusting congress to mess with anything firearms related.

“Federally licensed firearms retailers rely upon the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) to be accurate in preventing the sale and transfer of firearms to prohibited persons. The Fix NICS Act provisions included in the legislation passed today builds on the successes of NSSF’s FixNICS® campaign to encourage states to enter all applicable disqualifying records into the FBI’s National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) and requires federal agencies to properly report relevant records and hold those who fail to do so accountable,” Keane said

This bill still must be meshed with the similar bill in the Senate. Who knows what the final bill will include? My fear is it will hurt our side of concealed carry .