Author Topic: Church Shooting in Antioch TN  (Read 392 times)

pop pop

Church Shooting in Antioch TN
« on: September 25, 2017, 05:49:35 AM »
I live about 16 miles from Antioch TN where this took place. The Sudan guy had a local drivers license with a Murfreesboro address. I live in the M'boro area. The Feds have gotten involved in the investigation. It is unclear if this guy shot himself by accident or on purpose, at this time. The usher that confronted him, who got pistol whipped when the perp shoot himself, had to go to his car and retrieve his pistol, and then held the perp at bay until the Police arrived. He does not want to be called a hero, but clearly did "Possibly" save further shootings from taking place.

Our elders talked to our congregation, last evening, and told them we have things in place to handle these situations should they take place in our congregation. In my opinion, that is partially true, but I think they were giving our congregation false hope because one's safety is their own responsibility. Also my opinion. I was not asked for input.

Our congregation was quiet agitated by this as one can imagine, because it took place so close by.

I will say I hugged 3 men, on our volunteer greeter team Sunday morning, and found all 3 had the concealed carry pistols on their belt and under their dress coats. We are an organized unarmed team, as a group of volunteers, but it makes me feel better that we have members that do church carry. Of course that is for their personal protection purposes. They take their personal safety serious as do I. My wife also had her revolver in her purse for self defense purposes only.

I wish more members would take responsibility for their own personal safety, but I can't require that with our team be armed because City Ordinances do not allow for armed security teams at local churches, without meeting strict requirments. You know the Gov, they do things in the best interest of the sheeple. Individuals can church carry and some do, although it is not part of our organized team's purpose.

I wish you guys could understand how far we have come, in church safety, in the past 6 years. I had to almost beg our leadership to set this team of volunteers in place, from 6 years ago to where we are now. I have 18 members on our team now and we do take measures, such as locking all entry doors, and keeping team members in the hallways at all times now. I told our guys yesterday, "If you see something suspicious, you don't have to open the doors and allow them entry. Come in the auditorium and get 3 o4 4 of us, and then we will make the determination as a group. (This perp entered the church with a mask covering his face.) You would be surprised how naive some people are. Well maybe not here!

This church shooter gained entry through the back door to the church, after killing a lady in the parking lot, stuck his head in a classroom full of kids and told the teacher to keep the kids in the class, then entered the auditorium and began shooting at random until confronted by the unarmed usher. The usher, after getting pistol whipped, went to his car and retrieved his concealed carry pistol, then held the perp at gunpoint until Police arrived. The 911 responding officer was told, by the dispatcher, that the shooter was neutralized and contained upon his arrival to the scene. This is the present story, but you guys know their will be much more detail come out in the ongoing investigation. This morning they are saying this perp posted stuff on his computer before doing this shooting.

pop pop

Re: Church Shooting in Antioch TN
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 06:18:13 AM »
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) – The 22-year-old Metro police hailed as “extraordinarily brave” for his actions in the Antioch church shooting released a statement from the hospital Sunday night.

Robert “Caleb” Engle reportedly confronted the gunman inside Burnette Chapel Church of Christ after the pistol-bearing man reportedly opened fire on the congregation.

Police said Engle suffered a “significant injury to the head” when the gunman pistol-whipped him. Amid the confrontation, authorities said the gunman accidentally shot himself, and Engle then ran out to his car to get his own gun and held it on the suspect until police arrived.

PHOTOS: Mass shooting at Antioch church

While authorities called him brave, many others say he is a hero. Below are his words:

I’ve been going to this church my whole life, since I was a small child. I would have never, ever thought something like this would have happened.

I ask everyone to pray for the victims, family members of the victims, our church community. Please pray for healing. Also, please pray for the shooter, the shooter’s family and friends. They are hurting as well.

I pray that through all of this that people will come to know Christ and I ask our nation to reflect on Romans 8:31: “If God is for us, who can be against us?”

— Caleb Engle

When complimented about his heroism at the hospital, he stated:

“I do not want to be labeled a hero. The real heroes are the police, first responders and medical staff and doctors who have helped me and everyone affected.”

Engle was released from the hospital sometime Sunday night and back home resting with his family.

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 07:42:39 PM »
Interesting that he had to go to his vehicle in order to produce a pistol.  I'll bet he won't have to go that far to be armed in the future.

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

pop pop

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 04:27:05 AM »
Got this from the  Church Security Alliance site I monitor. Take the time to watch the video.  It last about 10 minutes.  Very informative. Click on the Alice  for House of Worship, "blue section" for the video to start.

> https://www.churchsecurityalliance.com/nashville/

pop pop

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2017, 05:53:46 PM »
Police just announced that they think they may have found the motive for the church shooting in Antioch. It is "possible" retaliation for the church shooting, by the white racist, that took place in Charleston S Carolina.

LEJoe

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 03:51:23 PM »
Good post pop pop, thanks.