Author Topic: Concealed Carriers are NOT Innocent Until Proven Guilty in Florida  (Read 246 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

flyover

Re: Concealed Carriers are NOT Innocent Until Proven Guilty in Florida
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 08:27:28 AM »
I guess I won't be going to Florida any time soon. That law is so messed up.

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 08:25:07 PM »
Well, that sounds like all 50 states, not just Florida.
And not just concealed carriers either. 
Once you are unfortunate enough to be accused and charged with ANY crime, you are guilty, unless you can buy your way out of it with legal fees and attorneys.
In all other cases, you are forever marred by the charge. It follows you forever.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

crzyjarmans

• Fewer words carry a great weight than someone who never stops talking
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2017, 06:22:27 AM »
Well, that sounds like all 50 states, not just Florida.
And not just concealed carriers either. 
Once you are unfortunate enough to be accused and charged with ANY crime, you are guilty, unless you can buy your way out of it with legal fees and attorneys.
In all other cases, you are forever marred by the charge. It follows you forever.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Think you're right, it's unfortunate but if ever you need to defend yourselve, you're  going to have to prove you were justified in your actions
Shawn, Stay armed, Stay safe

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2017, 10:25:58 AM »
If I get to select a jury of my peers, let them all be those who have survived by using deadly force; only they understand the dynamics.

*Deadly force* is justified only when undertaken to prevent imminent and otherwise unavoidable danger of death or grave bodily harm to the innocent.  The use of persuasion and conflict reduction rather than to resort to the use of force is requires assertiveness and courage.  This requires an assessment of the ability, opportunity, and intention of an aggressor necessary to cause serious or lethal harm.  I am old and may not be as sharp as I used to be, but if you want test my assessment skills at this point, and confront me, things might not work out to your perceived advantage.
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.