Author Topic: Henry AR-7 Survival rifle review  (Read 781 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Henry AR-7 Survival rifle review
« on: March 12, 2017, 10:27:56 AM »
My thoughts and perception of the Henry AR-7 U.S. Survival rifle.

Henry AR-7 U.S. Survival Rifle, Model H002B – Product Review Can You Survive Without One?: http://guntoters.com/blog/2017/03/12/henry-ar-7-u-s-survival-rifle-model-h002b-product-review/
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
Re: Henry AR-7 Survival rifle review
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 04:15:14 PM »
Good, honest review, that.
You know that I like your humor, butt I'm always pleased to see another wise crack.

I have considered an AR-7, but something has always kept me from fulfilling that desire.
Mostly it's the uncomfortable feeling that trying to hold it solidly brings.
Now, it's also because the Henry version isn't waterproof.
I guess there'll always be an excuse.

I think that the slim-jim sausage in the barrel channel is the best survival option.
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, præparet bellum."

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Re: Henry AR-7 Survival rifle review
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 07:32:08 AM »
Not that it matters, but I have updated the review with the following:

As I mentioned in the article, the rear sight aperture comes in two sizes; small 0.(2mm or ≈0.0787”) and smaller (1mm or ≈0.0394”).  Given the LOP of the stock, and my old eyes, I took a bit of information from Jeff Quinn at Gunblast.com and drilled out the larger of the apertures to 0.125 inches (1/8"); an increase of 0.363 inches over the stock aperture.  What a difference that made!

The rear sight aperture is now more like a true "ghost ring" sight that gives me a wider field of view of the target and quicker front sight acquisition. I find it much easier to use over the standard aperture.

Plans are in the mill to improve on the magnified optic for the AR-7.   I am simply not satisfied with the large package that was the chosen in the AR-7 optics competition.  Once the optic is updated, I'll update the Optics and the Henry AR-7 U.S. Survival Rifle Is the Challenge Worth It?: http://guntoters.com/blog/2017/03/20/optics-and-the-henry-ar-7-u-s-survival-rifle/ article.
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.