Author Topic: Charter Arms Bulldog Classic!  (Read 407 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 07:23:08 AM by Taurian »
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
Re: Charter Arms Bulldog Classis!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 07:44:48 AM »
Hummm, I remember my old Army buddy had one of these. In fact, his is the reason I wanted one of my own.
Of course, the newer ones are different.
I liked his better than the one that lives here since 2012.

Glad CA is making them again. I hope the new classic ones are as good as the older classic ones.

-sent from phone...typos possible-

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 04:46:51 PM »
Hey, Taurian...
Where's Hickock's accent from?
Georgia?
Alabama?

It doesn't sound "northern" enough for Tennessee, nor "southern" enough for Florida or Mississippi or Louisiana. But I have lost a lot of my hearing discernment, along with my hearing, so I can't tell.
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 05:14:54 AM »
Hey, Taurian...
Where's Hickock's accent from?
Georgia?
Alabama?

It doesn't sound "northern" enough for Tennessee, nor "southern" enough for Florida or Mississippi or Louisiana. But I have lost a lot of my hearing discernment, along with my hearing, so I can't tell.
Hickok45 is actually from Kentucky by birth, but has lived in Tennessee for most of his life. He was a middle-school English teacher before he retired.
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

flyover

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 07:15:02 AM »
I handled a Charter Arms Bulldog in 44 Special, ended up buying the Ruger GP100 in 44 Special.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Re: Charter Arms Bulldog Classic!
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2017, 07:24:34 AM »
I handled a Charter Arms Bulldog in 44 Special, ended up buying the Ruger GP100 in 44 Special.
And is, in my opinion, a very solid revolver to use for this cartridge. Good choice!

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2017, 05:18:26 PM »
I have to agree with Taurian on this issue.
The materials and construction of a Ruger is light-years beyond that of CA.

I don't know this, but I'm thinking the price would be about double as well.

Edited: I love the .44 special round. Sigh. However, I decided to back away from it a few years ago due to scarcity of ammo, at least around here.
Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

flyover

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2017, 07:39:23 AM »
I have to agree with Taurian on this issue.
The materials and construction of a Ruger is light-years beyond that of CA.

I don't know this, but I'm thinking the price would be about double as well.

Edited: I love the .44 special round. Sigh. However, I decided to back away from it a few years ago due to scarcity of ammo, at least around here.

In my case the difference was around $183 more for the Ruger.

pop pop

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2017, 03:55:07 AM »
I have a Charter Arms 44 special, but it is not a bulldog. Also have a C A in 38spl I purchased new in 1982. Both of my revolvers have the heavy 4" brl. The quality is not what a S W Or Ruger would be, but they are still reliable revolvers.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2017, 02:15:04 PM »
You guys might remember that Jean (and I) inherited a Charter Arms revolver from her dance mentor.
It had serious cylinder-endshake issues, and the problem came with the gun from the factory.

But the issue was very easily solved by means of a washer-like shim, made to correct a similar issue in S&W revolvers. The gunsmithing job was so easy and quick that the 'smith hardly charged us for it.

Since then, not only has this revolver been reliable, but also it has an excellent, light-pull trigger.
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."