Author Topic: An old standard: Balancing The Brass  (Read 1121 times)

CR Williams

• In Shadow In Light
An old standard: Balancing The Brass
« on: January 01, 2012, 03:26:55 PM »
This is a favorite drill of mine for working trigger control and forcing a level gun, both of which are important things to me. It's a dry-fire drill and is very simple: Take an empty piece of brass and balance it on the front sight of your handgun. The full drill is to put the brass on with the gun about waist high or in the #3 position, then extend to firing position. Or you can hold it more out at firing position before putting the brass on the sight. Fully extend the pistol and press the trigger to break the 'shot'. Goal is that the brass remains on the front sight throughout. This will be easier with some sights than with others, but it is a favorite of mine for working the trigger press. For bonus points, do it one-handed.

Shikan haramitsu dai ko myo.

In Shadow In Light - Studying and advancing the art and the science of the fight.

www.inshadowinlight.com

MilProGuy

Re: An old standard: Balancing The Brass
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 10:47:37 PM »
I don't think I'm ready for the "bonus points" just yet!  :-\
Proud Veteran of the U.S. Army / Army Reserve

Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired

LEJoe

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 01:04:32 PM »
No bonus points for me either. :o
It's gonna take awhile.

CR Williams

• In Shadow In Light
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 05:56:24 PM »
For the record, I did manage a one-hand undisturbed trigger pull tonight. Did it the first time right-handed, which seems odd because I just mashed my trigger finger pretty bad when an allen wrench folded in on it just a little while ago. It took me six or seven attempts with the left hand, but I did manage one that way as well. I used a stock G19 with the stock sights.

I hope the finger heals pretty quickly. I'm making an adjustment and need many many trigger pulls to get it set.
Shikan haramitsu dai ko myo.

In Shadow In Light - Studying and advancing the art and the science of the fight.

www.inshadowinlight.com