Author Topic: Alabama gun parts  (Read 504 times)

Robert Harvey

• Rharvey
  • Administrator
    • The computer guy
Alabama gun parts
« on: December 21, 2016, 08:25:03 AM »
http://whnt.com/2016/12/19/local-gun-manufacturer-seeing-success-with-a-rifle-made-with-75-of-the-parts-from-the-tennessee-valley/

read the full article at the above url

ďAnd then that went to putting it into a 3D program and a few months down the road, we said, I think we can make this happen," he says.
They spend the next 4 years going through various designs for the .45 caliber ACP Carbine, until about four and a half months ago, when they made their first delivery. The rifle is as Alabama as football, with their headquarters in Huntsville and assembled in Scottsboro.
ď75% of this weapon is made in Alabama, either in Jackson Co, Winston Co, or Cullman County. And the only reason why 100% isnít is because local folks donít make the parts that we need like magazines and barrels," he says.
The rest of the parts are American made.  ďIf youíre going to give someone a job, letís give a job local. Or if you canít do it local, do it in the US," says Groves.
After just a couple of months on the market, the pistol is already sold in nearly 10 states. Charley believes the success is due to the design.
ďFrom the ATF, weíre the only people that they know of that makes a .45 ACP carbine with a short stroke gas piston and a rotating lock and bolt," he says.
Time will tell.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Re: Alabama gun parts
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 10:54:10 AM »
I L-I-K-E it!!

Affordability is a question, however. Curiosity is going to make me check into it further.
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

LEJoe

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 05:37:01 AM »
S-A-W-E-E-T!

SARGeek

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 10:56:06 AM »
Very nice!
SARGeek

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 11:16:07 AM »
Sweet Home Alabama
Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.