Author Topic: The Anti-Trump Riots are a Smoke Screen: Whatís the Real Goal? Part One of Two  (Read 1039 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
Smoke screen?
Oh, come on now.
The drive to disestablish the Electoral College has raised it's silly head in every election in which the childish and immature (that is, the Progressives) didn't get their way.
It's been right out in the open all along.

It'd take a constitutional amendment, so it's unlikely of success.
Boxer is just making a gesture.
In this ludicrous case, it's a Court Gesture. (Did I spell that correctly?)
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, prśparet bellum."

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
Close enough

<Stand Tall.  Speak the Truth.  Never Surrender.>

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Smoke screen?
Oh, come on now.
The drive to disestablish the Electoral College has raised it's silly head in every election in which the childish and immature (that is, the Progressives) didn't get their way.
It's been right out in the open all along.

It'd take a constitutional amendment, so it's unlikely of success.
Boxer is just making a gesture.
In this ludicrous case, it's a Court Gesture. (Did I spell that correctly?)
A Court Gesture by a Court Jester?
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

NorCalChuck

• Redwood Practical Shooters
Well now that depends on what type of Gester you want to be.
I once knew a Jester that actually could make a Gester that made the King frown.
Thus a Gester was made by the King that the Jester be beheaded.
If you behead a Jester,you are left with shorter gester than which may actually get you in trouble.

AHH-H-H-h-h-h-h Never mind . . . . . That gester didn't turn out the way I thought it should.

"We will have a good government as long as those that govern are effected by those laws that they pass. When those that are passing the laws are no longer effected by those laws then they will no longer pass good laws."

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Well now that depends on what type of Gester you want to be.
I once knew a Jester that actually could make a Gester that made the King frown.
Thus a Gester was made by the King that the Jester be beheaded.
If you behead a Jester,you are left with shorter gester than which may actually get you in trouble.

AHH-H-H-h-h-h-h Never mind . . . . . That gester didn't turn out the way I thought it should.

But, it was an honest gesture, and you can't jest about that, but we could joust that around a bit in jest.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
...Jest sayin'...
Steve,

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Only royalty could engage in the sport of jousting; a fight between mounted knights wearing armor and using lances. Jousting was a favorite form of entertainment during the Middle Ages. Jousting took place at Medieval tournaments which provided a venue for Knights to practice various forms of combat to the delight, and for the amusement, of crowds of onlookers.

It was highly uncommon for females to engage in such tournaments, but yet one did. Since no one could tell who was behind the armor, Princess Shirley, a noblewoman and daughter of a noble landowner, used to partake regularly in jousting events and usually she was beaten soundly by the more experienced knights.  However, one day she did actually win a jousting event, an unbeknownst to her, her father was to present the prize to the winner.  Up until this time, Princess Shirley never had to reveal herself, as she usually just simply rode away in defeat after loosing such jousting tournaments without having to remove her armor. This day; however, Princess Shirley prevailed, won the tournament,and was forced to reveal her true identity.

She tried to accept the award without removing her helmet, but upon demand she knew her game was over.  Upon removing her helmet in front of her father, and all in attendance, her quite taken aback father shouted the question that is well known even today; "Shirley, you joust?"

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
Argggh...

(One properly responds to a shaggy-dog pun with...a cha-grin.)
Steve,

Taurian

• Global Moderator
But, can the story be disproved? I feel relatively confident that no one will do the research to validate or dismiss the story.  In today's terms, the story would be news as defined by creative journalism.  Headline to read, BREAKING NEWS!: Shirley Ousted in Joust! But, it was all in Jest! - Source: Investigative reporter, Lan C. Lott, of the The Medieval Times, Round Table Division.