Author Topic: Cop sues Glock  (Read 578 times)

pstan13

Cop sues Glock
« on: September 02, 2016, 11:25:55 AM »
http://bluelivesmatter.blue/cop-sues-glock-shoots/

Two things about this got my attention.
1. Should a cop that is this stupid be hired to enforce the law?
2. Would using a manual safety to install a tactical light be ok, or should it be unloaded in any case?
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes."
-- Thomas Jefferson

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Re: Cop sues Glock
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016, 06:33:15 AM »
With a Springfield, which has a grip safety - possibly. With a 1911, which has a grip and thumb safety, the chances of not shooting oneself would increase.  With a Glock, there is no way that an intelligent person would try it.

"A stitch in time saves nine!"  With the 10th, he shot himself and required stitches. No time saved!

It might have worked if he had kept his trigger finger off of the trigger and his body parts away from the muzzle.

Yes, unloaded, always!
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2016, 06:52:03 AM »
I'd say that keeping the muzzle pointed in a safe direction would just about preclude ever shooting oneself, Glock or not.

<Stand Tall.  Speak the Truth.  Never Surrender.>

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2016, 03:48:48 PM »
I'd say that keeping the muzzle pointed in a safe direction would just about preclude ever shooting oneself, Glock or not.

+1
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

RayMich

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2016, 04:17:37 PM »

Exactly!

I seriously doubt that the pistol was defective at all. -- But as for HIM? He needs to look in a mirror to find the defect.
  • Make sure Pistol is not loaded
  • Point pistol away from anything you don't want to destroy
  • Keep finger away from the trigger.
  • Be aware of your target and anything beyond it.
He violated every single rule of gun safety but he now wants to blame Glock for his stupidity.

He is too dangerous to be a cop.
- Ray -

"The Constitution is NOT and instrument for the government to restrain the people, it IS an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry