Author Topic: The PCC For Home Defense?  (Read 741 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
The PCC For Home Defense?
« on: July 20, 2016, 09:16:47 AM »
While I am not trying to push the PCC on anyone as a home defense firearm, a PCC just may fit the role of an HD firearm depending on your home defense planning.

Personally, I have "lit off" a gauge in an enclosed space without hearing protection. Doing so again is not on my list of do-overs - with or without hearing protection.

Here is an interesting article on PCCs:

Pistol Caliber Carbines for a Home Defense Gun: http://www.homedefensegun.net/pistol-caliber-carbines/
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

CR Williams

• In Shadow In Light
Re: The PCC For Home Defense?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 12:48:59 PM »
A rather interesting thing to me is that I get more felt recoil (and a sharper impulse) firing a +P or +P+ 9mm round from a carbine than I do shooting an AR.
Shikan haramitsu dai ko myo.

In Shadow In Light - Studying and advancing the art and the science of the fight.

www.inshadowinlight.com

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 02:31:34 PM »
A rather interesting thing to me is that I get more felt recoil (and a sharper impulse) firing a +P or +P+ 9mm round from a carbine than I do shooting an AR.

I am finding that phenomenon as well even with almost identical PCCs but with different chamberings. For example, the recoil impulse of the HP PCC in .45 ACP is actually softer than that with the HP PCC in 9mm (with standard loads).  The report of the HP PCC in .45 ACP is also less than with the HP PCC in 9mm.  Of course, the opposite is true when I run the same rounds through a 1911 that is chambered for the .45 ACP versus the 9mm; the .45 ACP is the obviously "healthier" of the two in recoil and report.

It is an interesting observation, nonetheless.  I don't know if it is worth researching further as to the cause(s), but it would be interesting to find out why.
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 02:40:10 PM »
I'm all for PCC for home defense.

<Stand Tall.  Speak the Truth.  Never Surrender.>

EDITED : a side note here, I've put roughly 600 rounds through the 40 cal pistol here, but only about 350 rounds through the PCC of the same caliber.
I'm convinced, beyond doubt, that I'd be better off using the PCC in a high stress situation than the pistol.
Accuracy is the number one reason.

The only shots that count are the ones that hit their mark, IMO.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 05:43:58 PM by oldranger53 »
Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.