Author Topic: 5 Concealed Carry Pistol Laser Sight Myths  (Read 1363 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
Re: 5 Concealed Carry Pistol Laser Sight Myths
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 01:46:52 PM »
Lots of people should read that...but won't.
It's much easier to maintain one's delusions, than it is to acknowledge and overcome them.
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 02:56:03 PM »
I have one firearm with a laser - Boo Boo, the Mossy 20-gauge. I replaced the red/green dot sight with a laser. It sits atop the rail and is actuated by my thumb. Since the safety on the Mossberg is on the tang, having the laser there is handy.

The laser allows for faster target acquisition (on the shotgun) and I agree that it does solve the dominant eye issue even though my left eye is the dominant one and I fire long guns from the let side.  It also allows me to fire the shotgun from positions other than shoulder-mounted with a  good degree of accuracy.  The laser is much more stable on a long gun than a handgun. None of my handguns are laser-equipped. Too many gadgets means too much to worry about.  Some folks swear by lasers. I just swear at them.
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 04:24:49 PM »
It's much easier to maintain one's delusions, than it is to acknowledge and overcome them.
No matter how I try, I cannot come up with a better rebuttal than this.

<Sent from phone. Typos possible.>

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 05:17:20 AM »
No matter how I try, I cannot come up with a better rebuttal than this.

<Sent from phone. Typos possible.>

True, so true.