Author Topic: Free from Springfield Armory  (Read 953 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Free from Springfield Armory
« on: May 16, 2016, 04:55:36 AM »
Our e-book, “Anatomy of a Concealed Carry Draw,” demonstrates:

• The two-handed draw and re-holster
  • The one-handed draw and re-holster
  • Safety guidelines for firearm handling
  • Our top recommendations for concealed carry pistols
Click here: http://blog.springfield-armory.com/anatomy-of-a-ccw-draw-ebook-download
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

CR Williams

• In Shadow In Light
Re: Free from Springfield Armory
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 05:42:58 AM »
Don't like the use of the thumb by itself to clear the cover on the one-hand draw. Not enough grabber surface. I taught you how to use the whole hand during the BBG course. I feel that to be more certain than what he does in the ebook.
Shikan haramitsu dai ko myo.

In Shadow In Light - Studying and advancing the art and the science of the fight.

www.inshadowinlight.com

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Re: Free from Springfield Armory
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 07:36:56 AM »
Don't like the use of the thumb by itself to clear the cover on the one-hand draw. Not enough grabber surface. I taught you how to use the whole hand during the BBG course. I feel that to be more certain than what he does in the ebook.

In all examples shown in the download, the shirt is a Polo-type outer cover. Personally, I don't wear this type of shirt unless I am not carrying, which means that I don't wear this type of shirt at all.

My usual dress is what you saw during the BBG course. In summer, an open shirt with a t-shirt. In winter, an open vest/and or open coat is added.  Luckily, in the Southern states bundling up under layers of clothing is not necessary during colder months. The vest is actually for additional thickness and weight over wearing just a shirt to aid in clearing the path the the holster and, subsequently to the firearm.

In the summer months, I prefer to wear heavily-starched denim shirts (long or short sleeved). The starch adds some rigidity to the shirt. I also prefer shirts with snaps rather than buttons and have several Western-style and concealment shirts with these.  There are times, usually in windy conditions, that I will snap the lowest snap (or button) to prevent the shirt from flapping and my "flashing" a weapon. However, as soon as possible, the shirt is simply allowed to hang open.

I do know folks, other than yourself, that appendix carry and a long t-shirt-type or summer-weight sweatshirt outer covering is worn.  As you know, I am somewhat of a large guy. I prefer my shirts very loose (my wifey says too loose, but what does she know because she is not trying to conceal a full size handgun, or even a small handgun for that matter).  I tell people, who are superficially concerned about my fashion sense, that I used to weigh 300 pounds and could not afford a new wardrobe after my weight loss and that wearing tight clothing during my youth made me sterile.  That usually shuts them up.  ;D

Those who wear a T-shirt as an outer covering face the same issue as with Polo-type shirts.  I agree that the entire hand needs to be in play in clearing the material away from the firearm regardless of the outer wear type.

One problem that I had with the draw at the BBG course was when wearing gloves; the glove on the shooting hand would catch on my T-shirt.  Once the glove was removed, all went better during drawing, shooting, and returning the pistol to the holster.

Regardless of the type of outer wear worn, both one-hand and two-hand concealment draw techniques need to be mastered and I am with you on that.
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.