Author Topic: Where Gun Laws Work...For the Criminals!  (Read 632 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 09:55:17 AM by Taurian »
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

flyover

Re: Where Gun Laws Work...For the Criminals!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 07:27:49 AM »
Chiraq, where it is all the legal gun owners fault.

Pull back and nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
With apologies to Aliens.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 08:32:57 AM »
On Mother's Day, there were three brawls at restaurants (Atlanta, New York City, and Revere, Massachusetts that I am aware of). Again, it is the culture and not the tool.  No shots were fired during these brawls, but property damage was extensive. In Atlanta, the brawl started (supposedly) because the server (an Asian fella) was smiling at the disgruntled customer while attempting to resolve an error in billing. Apparently, the disgruntled customer didn't understand that most Asians do smile - a lot when talking to another, it is just their way and not meant to be an affront.  It's when you see an Asian not smiling that you have to be concerned.  By the way, at the Atlanta restaurant the bill was around $1,000 for the group of diners.  The diners, after the brawl, left the restaurant in shatters and without paying.  #moblivesmatter ya' know!
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 01:27:54 PM »
I think that the brawl in the Atlanta restaurant was a carefully arranged ploy, which successfully worked to keep those diners from having to pay their enormous tab.
Next time that Jean and I are in an expensive restaurant, we're gonna try the same method.
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2016, 02:18:02 PM »
I think that the brawl in the Atlanta restaurant was a carefully arranged ploy, which successfully worked to keep those diners from having to pay their enormous tab.
Next time that Jean and I are in an expensive restaurant, we're gonna try the same method.
Ayup, it could very well have been just that.  It would not have worked at the Golden Corral or Chinese buffet - where you pay up front and eat all you want.

The restaurant is located in West Atlanta; an area in which outsiders have gone but never returned. Most areas in "Zone 4" have their own "Neighborhood Watch Committees" - if you know what I mean.