Author Topic: Idiot Arrested After Negligent Discharge At University Pool  (Read 640 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Randy Ross, UCís director of public safety, said Simms, who has a concealed carry permit, was carrying a Springfield Arms XDM .40-caliber handgun in his back pants pocket.

Since the Springfield XDm has a grip safety, I find this interesting.  Perhaps he was trying to prevent the pistol from slipping out of his back pocket, simply pressed the grip safety, and somehow got his finger in the trigger guard?  Stupid, stupid, stupid!!!

Source: http://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2016/05/02/idiot-arrested-negligent-discharge-university-pool/?utm_source=thdaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl&newsletterad=
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
Re: Idiot Arrested After Negligent Discharge At University Pool
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 08:46:49 AM »
Some people shouldn't have guns,  period.

<Sent from phone. Typos possible.>

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 09:46:22 AM »
Some people shouldn't have guns,  period.

I would venture to say that his permit to carry will be revoked.  Since it was a misdemeanor, he may also be fined and/or spend up to 1 year in jail.  It's hard to refute the evidence in this case.  The university could also proceed with civil actions against him - to repair damage to property.  Let's not forget the counseling session provided to those who were there at the time of the incident - and also those who were not there at the time of the incident (don't want to leave out any hurt feelings, ya know).

This just strengthens the anti-gunners argument against campus carry, or carrying at all for that matter, or owning firearms in the first place, or...

If you arenít competently trained to use, carry, shoot, and store your firearms, you may be that deadly force threat, as Mr. Simms proved to be in his incompetence Friday evening.

What's up with the .40 S&W in the news lately regarding NDs?  Metaphorically, why does it seem that most guns are of a higher caliber than some people who have them? Could these events spur arguments about carrying without a round chambered?  Could I have another cup of coffee, please?
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 09:58:13 AM »
One cup O Joe....coming up!

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.