Author Topic: I Home Carry…Do you?  (Read 1570 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
I Home Carry…Do you?
« on: April 26, 2016, 08:51:21 AM »
I have to admit that I do carry when in the house; the Government model 1911 is always on my hip or within arms reach.

Lately, I have had to do some gardening (tilling, planting, and working the soil) and yard work. I do admit that carrying a pistol under these gardening conditions may be over-the-top and I have been leaving it in the house since the garden is in the back yard. With that said, lately I have been removing the pistol and IWB holster and placing them in the equipment shed, which is a stone's throw away from where I do gardening work.  If I am mowing or working the front yard, I am armed - normally wearing a shirt over the armament to keep it concealed from the neighbors and anybody else.

When I am out and about among the "English" I am always armed unless I cannot be (for example; government offices).

http://guncarrier.com/home-carry/?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=NL-4-26-16-content-mail-a
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
Re: I Home Carry…Do you?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 09:19:26 AM »
Yes.

Just last night a very loud set of noises occurred just to the rear of the house, impacting the master bath wall.

Things happen, even here.  The only time I am without EDC is when I am actually in the shower, and even then I won't have to reach very far to acquire one.

Thanks for asking!

<Sent from phone. Typos possible.>

EDITED : I'll add that I didn't have to reach for or search for a weapon before feet hit the floor.

Three times in a day, a person is most vulnerable. Those are eating, sleeping, and going to the bathroom.  Those are also the times that it's most inconvenient to have a weapon at the ready.
For me, I choose a lifestyle based on security rather than ease.

I started a blog years ago that was to compare and contrast being married to carrying a weapon.  It got interrupted by an overzealous moderator, who is no longer with us.
Perhaps I'll get back to it.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 10:42:56 AM by oldranger53 »
Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 09:41:45 AM »
last night I heard a mysterious sound while I was fading off to sleep.  A repetitive buzz that occurred every two minutes and consisted of 6 equally-spaced buzzes. I could not figure out what it was. I got up and checked the house out. I could not find the source of the buzz and went back to bed.  The buzzes sounded off again.  I had taken my belt off and laid it on the end table. On the belt was my cell-phone in its carrier. I grabbed the cell-phone and sure enough it was buzzing to inform me of a text message that informed me that they had received my cell phone payment.  Delete the message and the buzzing goes away. It wasn't my tinnitus after all.  Who says that I'm losing my hearing?  Of course, I have been known to sleep through a hurricane.

Unfortunately, I am losing the high tones...but not enough to cancel out my wifey's voice...darn it!  ;D
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

crzyjarmans

• Fewer words carry a great weight than someone who never stops talking
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 03:59:19 AM »
My mother says I'm nuts for carrying at home, after all! What can happen in your own home?
Shawn, Stay armed, Stay safe

Squerly

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2016, 03:54:12 PM »
My mother says I'm nuts for carrying at home, after all! What can happen in your own home?
A rhetorical question I'm sure.   :)

I carry from the time I get up until I go to bed at night.   I'd take my pistol in the shower with me if it were water proof.  :-)  When I'm asleep my pistol is by the bed (no children around so unless one of the dogs learns how to shoot, I should be OK.) 

Way to many home invasions happening in the world today.  I would hate to take so many precautions in my day-to-day life and then let my guard down when I walk in the door at night.  Besides, be way to embarrassing to get killed at home. 
Squerly~

NorCalChuck

• Redwood Practical Shooters
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2016, 04:55:50 PM »
Well living in a remote rural area I do not carry while at home.
Heck cutting firewood, gardening and other home duties make it "awkward."
But I do have several loaded and ready pistols located in various and handy locations.
Besides my two dogs really help with an early warning system that doesn't need batteries.
"We will have a good government as long as those that govern are effected by those laws that they pass. When those that are passing the laws are no longer effected by those laws then they will no longer pass good laws."

jtg452

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2016, 09:56:19 AM »
I carry when I leave the house.  It doesn't matter if I'm just going to the mail box or across the country, if I leave the house, there's a gun, a reload and, at least, one knife on my person.  Once I put a gun on, it usually stays there until I get ready to go to bed.  I can't tell you how many times I've fallen asleep on the couch with my carry gun on me.

With all of that being said, I don't get up and put a pistol on my hip when I get dressed.  If I'm not sticking my head out the door, I don't have a gun on me.  There's enough things 'handy' around the house that I don't feel the need. 

The house is 50 yards off the road in a rural area and I've got a few hundred pounds of dogs in the yard- including one that can- will and has in the past- barked at rain drops.  Things like folks sneaking up on the house just ain't happening.  They bark, I go look at what makes them bark and I don't go to look empty handed.  If it's after dark, then I go look with a flashlight- and a .45.