Author Topic: Competitive Shooting vs. Real World  (Read 468 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Competitive Shooting vs. Real World
« on: April 12, 2016, 09:24:32 AM »
I posted this article because I am still on the fence about joining our GDPA (Georgia Defensive Pistol Association).  I will be garnering more information(after reading the rules and such) because I want to compete (and train myself) with what and how I carry.  While competing with an OWB holster might be better, this is not how I carry everyday and I feel that although the competition would be beneficial, it is somewhat useless to me since I carry IWB and concealed from view.  It is both about the money and the value derived from such a venture.

10 Experts: Can Competitive Shooting Help Real-World Defensive Shooting?

Source: http://www.tactical-life.com/tactics/experts-competitive-shooting-defensive/#balsum16-experts-ayoob
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

NorCalChuck

• Redwood Practical Shooters
Re: Competitive Shooting vs. Real World
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 08:40:50 AM »
Good Reading . . . . . Thanks for the post.
"We will have a good government as long as those that govern are effected by those laws that they pass. When those that are passing the laws are no longer effected by those laws then they will no longer pass good laws."