Author Topic: Utah E R Reported Shootings  (Read 674 times)

pop pop

Utah E R Reported Shootings
« on: March 18, 2016, 04:56:17 AM »
Got this from another forum. Thought it interesting and informative for gun handlers. 

So, I am close to a few local ER/Trauma physicians and would like to share a few recent(and local) shooting "victims" that presented to two of our local hospitals.

A WMA in his 60's, "heard a noise in his basement",at Oh-dark-thirty grabbed his trusty home defense firearm, a derringer in .45ACP to investigate probable intruders. While descending basement stairs, dropped said trusty derringer and it "went off".(I know...shocking ain't it?) The fellow looked all around for where the bullet entered in stair well and discovered a hole in his "new left knee". Apparently x-rays showed projectile(didn't expand at all) had shattered his relatively new patella from his relatively recent total knee replacement. He wrapped towels around his knee and drove himself to the doc's ER.

A single female, fearing that the incessant knocking/pounding on her front door (when it was dark outside-about 7:00p.m.) "might be a burglar/intruder/rapist" so she did the UncleJoeBidenThang,(an almost direct quote apparently) and fired two rounds "into the air" to scare off said suspected "burglar/intruder/rapist". The bullets traveled straight up through her apartment ceiling and into the lower right calf of her elderly female widow neighbor upstairs. The knocking was NOT coming from her front door but from three doors down.

A customer at the local car wash, was drying off his veehickle when his "piece" fell out of his less-than-secure-loose-fitting-belt-affixed-carrying-device. The pistol struck the ground muzzle first discharged twice sending two .22LR slugs into the gun toter's door panel SKIN. No penetration of driver's side door, just two small "dimples". Gun toter had a mild heart attack and was transported to the ER by local EMS, when he was "almost shot with his own pistol by the parking lot of the car wash".

A local self-anointed tactical genius,was showing his neighbor his new super-duper tacticool firearm, (a semi-auto which I will not name the brand for fear of embarrassing the company that they had a customer with this amount of mental acuity); placed the palm of his left hand against the muzzle of his new tacticool self-defense implement, and tried to demonstrate how to take a pistol out-of-battery. (with a loaded pistol...)
He might regain some use of what is left of his left hand and three remaining fingers.

I think the previous post(above) should be required reading for ALL firearms owners/possessor's and shoppers.
(Sigh) all in the last five days here locally.
I fear for the Republic with this amount of "voters" that are out and about.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Re: Utah E R Reported Shootings
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 07:08:23 AM »
I think that it is wise to say that these people were not wise in their actions?
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.