Author Topic: Intruder Shot – Now Homeowner Struggles  (Read 774 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Intruder Shot – Now Homeowner Struggles
« on: March 12, 2016, 06:57:35 AM »
There is no doubt that this is an injustice. Joe Balistreri and his family had spent the night at his parents’ house in Foster City, California. After he shot an intruder in the home, Balistreri was then sued by the intruder in a civil suit, which placed a large monetary burden on him.
Source: http://www.dcclothesline.com/2016/03/12/intruder-shot-now-homeowner-struggles-with-85000-in-legal-bills-after-intruder-sues-him/
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

pop pop

Re: Intruder Shot – Now Homeowner Struggles
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2016, 07:32:21 AM »
It takes real big money to get you out and to mount a good defense. Why I am a member of Armed Citizens Defense Network(360-978-5200). Well worth the expense for the peace of mind it brings. I hope and pray I never need to use their services.   

flyover

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2016, 09:25:47 AM »
Thank Heavens that Kansas put in place a preemption from being sued by the perp or surviving family members. Of course that won't help if you are out of state when something like this happens.

crzyjarmans

• Fewer words carry a great weight than someone who never stops talking
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2016, 04:52:44 PM »
Thank Heavens that Kansas put in place a preemption from being sued by the perp or surviving family members. Of course that won't help if you are out of state when something like this happens.
Every state should have this same law! It's just inconceivable that some scumbag criminal can sue someone after they committed a felony and end up getting shot
Shawn, Stay armed, Stay safe