Author Topic: A 45 Stopped the Jive!  (Read 1257 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
A 45 Stopped the Jive!
« on: March 03, 2016, 07:00:37 AM »
Thug Takes Bullet To Face After Attacking Senior Citizen: http://www.infowars.com/thug-takes-bullet-to-face-after-attacking-senior-citizen/
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
Re: A 45 Stopped the Jive!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 03:26:08 PM »
Supplementary Headline Seen in the Same Location: Louis Farrakahn Supports Trump!

Ah, so now we really do know for whom not to vote! Thanks, Minister Farrakahn!
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

CR Williams

• In Shadow In Light
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 05:08:19 AM »
Farrakhan, Schmerakahn. Trump already disavowed hiim and Duke. He did it multiple times in the press conference he ran Tuesday night.

If Trump's on the ballot in November he gets my vote. I may not know for sure what he'll do but I do know what Clinton will do and I'd put Cthulu in office ahead of her.
Shikan haramitsu dai ko myo.

In Shadow In Light - Studying and advancing the art and the science of the fight.

www.inshadowinlight.com

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 05:33:28 AM »
Farrakhan, Schmerakahn. Trump already disavowed hiim and Duke. He did it multiple times in the press conference he ran Tuesday night.

If Trump's on the ballot in November he gets my vote. I may not know for sure what he'll do but I do know what Clinton will do and I'd put Cthulu in office ahead of her.

I have to agree. However, I put no faith in any man and my faith in mankind is wavering even more.  If Trump were to win, our fight to retain our freedoms will still be a matter at hand.  There are many forces willing to destroy America and the only thing that we can do, as a people, is to mitigate that willingness.

Obama has Wreaked Havoc on America - Only Classical Conservatism Can Revive It: http://eaglerising.com/31105/obama-has-wreaked-havoc-on-america-only-classical-conservatism-can-revive-it/
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

crzyjarmans

• Fewer words carry a great weight than someone who never stops talking
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 06:07:21 AM »
The article says it's unknown if the shooting will be declared justified or if they will press charges, are you kidding me!
Shawn, Stay armed, Stay safe

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2016, 06:59:17 AM »
The article says it's unknown if the shooting will be declared justified or if they will press charges, are you kidding me!

This event took place in Philadelphia - a not too gun-friendly place.  Are they trying to say the old man was the aggressor because he retorted back what the thugs said to him?  What, you can't have a dissenting statement these days without getting the stuffing beat out of you?  I guess not!  I am glad that he had something to back up the dissenting statement.  It's one of those CAtch-22 situations; if you say nothing one of them would have said, "Hey! I'm talking to you, old man!" and further pressed the issue.  If he said anything, which he did, it would have been taken as confrontational anyway that he said it.

The disparity between the thugs and the victim is obvious.  That, in itself, should rule out any ruling other than self-defense.  But, we would not want to be politically incorrect now would we?
What would a LEO do in the same situation; being beat down by two thugs? I'm sure that the response of the LEO would have been the same as the victim in this case - shoot to stop the threat.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2016, 02:12:20 PM »
...I do know what Clinton will do and I'd put Cthulu in office ahead of her.

Cthulu. Hmmm... Good choice!
He's got lots of tentacles, so he could multi-task better than most.

But he's foreign-born.

Nope. Sorry. Ineligible.
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2016, 10:09:53 AM »

<snip>

There are many forces willing to destroy America and the only thing that we can do, as a people, is to mitigate that willingness.

<snip>

I agree with this (among other things I've snipped out for the purpose of this reply).

Any ideas or suggestions about how we might be able to "mitigate that willingness"?

Hypothetically, of course.

<Sent from phone. Typos possible.>

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2016, 05:52:50 AM »

<snip>

There are many forces willing to destroy America and the only thing that we can do, as a people, is to mitigate that willingness.

<snip>

I agree with this (among other things I've snipped out for the purpose of this reply).

Any ideas or suggestions about how we might be able to "mitigate that willingness"?

Hypothetically, of course.

<Sent from phone. Typos possible.>

I wish that there was an easy answer to that question. Unfortunately, there are not easy answers let alone just one easy answer.  Also, as unfortunate, are people that believe that "The Land of the Free" means free stuff and they are dumb enough to take it. More importantly, the government is more than willing to give away free stuff with nothing asked in return, with the possible exception of votes.

And, speaking of votes, voting is one of the powers that many of us fail to exercise; from local to state to federal. Following through after the vote, if the one we voted for wins, means that we make them always accountable for the actions that they take in our name.  If the person that we voted for does not win, follow through is even more important. 

Most of us are busy just trying to survive, or planning how to survive should our environment be threatened by forces beyond our control.  We choose our friends and acquaintances wisely so as to eliminate threats. Life is complex, full of risks, and we try to protect ourselves as best we can.

George Washington once stated something to the effect of, "To be prepared for war is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace. A free people ought to be armed, but disciplined." I have since considered this statement beyond the use of weaponry, but to be armed with education and develop the discipline to be able to apply that education.  Our founders were wise people. More importantly, they were disciplined enough to formulate a plan for America.  Granted that they thought about the government first, but were wise enough to formulate a series of amendments that protected the people from the government, because they knew that those that govern can become a very dangerous entity when gathered in mass - and that has been proven time and time again.

There is a force continuum taking place, more so now than with past generations.  I have some ideas about this force continuum, but have yet been able to put it into a perspective that I can verbalize.  While we equate a force continuum with self-defense, from presence to lethal force, the force continuum must apply, according to logic, to other things as well. While I am intelligent enough to work this out, it is going to take some mind time on my part but essentially boils down to cause and effect. It is defining all of the ingredients that takes the work.

Yeah, I wish I had an answer.

Perhaps, more later.