Author Topic: Guns and Road Rage  (Read 666 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Guns and Road Rage
« on: February 12, 2016, 06:57:37 AM »
This section may seem an inappropriate place for a post like this, but preparing for an event like road rage where you are the victim is essential to your surviving the incident. 

Most, if not all, of us carry or have a firearm available to us when we are driving our vehicle.  Being the responsible gun owners we are, we keep our firearms for defensive  purposes (or counter-offensive purposes as some would have it).  However, there are some not so responsible people that think that because they have a firearm available to them that it gives them the right and free rein to bully others.

One of the things that I have learned through my experiences with the Martial Arts and riding a motorcycle - always look for an out. I also apply that logic when driving any of my vehicles. While sometime fighting off my reactive sense that says push the issue, if I am cut-off or flipped-off by another drive, my better sense says to avoid the issue - if at all possible.

http://www.usacarry.com/guns-and-road-rage/
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
Re: Guns and Road Rage
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 08:49:38 AM »
No kidding.

With my job at The Ice House, I spend a great deal of time on the roads in Montana, especially May - November.
I encounter plenty of folks out there who do very stupid and sometimes dangerous things on the highways.

Sometimes, but not often, they act like they are looking for confrontation.
Naturally I'm tempted to go along with the gambit, but eh...age and wisdom...age and wisdom.

They are out there, for sure.

I have this idea that cell phones have been the biggest deterrent to road rage there ever was.
In the days before cell phones, I think I remember seeing more jerks on the highways than now.
Just a thought.

I've been thinking about getting a dash cam too, for the same reason.

<Sent from phone. Typos possible.>

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 01:31:57 PM »
I agree: Dash-cams, and cell phones and 9-1-1, do more to call-off road rage than any gun ever will. Just let the fool see that you are using your phone, even if you're not really making a call.

Save the pistol for when the fool becomes actively aggressive and threatening.
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2016, 06:40:32 AM »
Indeed.

<Sent from phone. Typos possible.>

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.